Rumors

The Wild Kratts team was stationed in the rugged landscape of the Yukon Territory in northwestern Canada, creature adventuring with the ferocious and elusive wolverine, a small bearlike member of the weasel family. The creature encounter quickly turned into a creature emergency upon finding out about Zach Varmitech's hair-brained scheme of turning the wolverines into his latest security robots, undoubtedly inspired by their famous ferocity that would frighten even a grizzly bear.
"Not so fast, Zach!"growled Chris.
"Let those wolverines go!"demanded Aviva.
Chris and Aviva were currently in the evil inventor's cargo plane to put an end to his diabolical plan, the former in a Wolverine Power Suit. Martin had been captured in an earlier attempt to free the imprisoned mustelids and was now behind bars along with dozens of the animals he had hoped to save. Unlike previous times, there were no formalities, no words of persuasion, for ever since the incident with the poachers three months prior, the Kratt Brothers had given up on trying to make the villains see reason. Nine times out of ten, they simply didn't care and continued with their crimes against Nature. It was apparent that they only understood one language, and that was what they probably needed to deploy if the worst came to the worst.
  "Why don't you make me?"taunted Zach as he pressed a button on his master controller. "Zachbots! Get them!"
In that instant, several of Zach's robotic cronies appeared out of the shadows and quickly surrounded the pair. As the machines inched their way closer, Chris safeguarded Aviva as he readied his claws for action.
"I'll handle the Zachbots!"he told her. "You go and free Martin and the wolverines!"
"You got it, sweetie!"
But before the green glutton could even lift a claw against his foes, the Zachbots suddenly halted their advances at a gesture from their master. "Wait. Time out!" Walking up to the pair, he asked, "Did she just call you 'sweetie'?"
"Yeah?" Chrisverine replied, raising an eyebrow, a little unsure of where this was going. By his side, Aviva only narrowed her eyes. All the while, her rival's mechanical henchmen didn't move so much as a circuit.
"So that means that Green Guy and Ms. Smartypants are–?"
"Uhh. Yeah."the pair answered cautiously.
"You got it!"called Martin from his prison cell,earning a glare from his brother.
After what seemed like an eternity, the evil inventor connected the dots in his brain.
*ding!*
The instant the mental bell went off in his head, Zach's green eyes flew wide open. "No flipping way!" The moment he did, he exploded in a fit of hysterical laughter, much to Chris and Aviva's chagrin.
"That is not happening right now!"he exclaimed, leaning against one of his robots for support. "No! Hey, Zachbots! Get a load of this. Ms. Know-it-all is dating that animal-loving loser! How precious!"
The entire cargo plane echoed with the robotic monotone laughter of the Zachbots joining those of their maker. The creature adventurer and the inventor exchanged incredulous glances.
"Chris and Aviva, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!" Zach mocked in a singsong voice, riding on the back of one of his minions. Seeing that Zach was too preoccupied with his jeering and making kissy faces, the pair wasted no time in rushing over to free the captured wolverines from the holding cell.
While that rescue operation was underway, the evil inventor, oblivious to all else, went into his private quarters, typing and dialing a pair of contacts on his computer. On the computer panel, two faces appeared on screen, one a fashion designer, and the other a burly cook, both looking rather annoyed.
"Hello, Donita. Hello, Gourmand. I'm glad you could join my conference call. You're never going to believe this: Chris and Aviva are officially a couple!" Upon hearing the news, the villains' deadpan expressions quickly morphed into looks of interest, soon replaced by mischievous grins as they burst into laughter.
"Well it's about time!"bellowed Gourmand as he clutched his stomach.
"Oh mon ami, c'est l'amour."said Donita with a playful sigh.
Needless to say, the villains were being far from discreet about his gossiping as the Wild Kratts could hear every word being said. Chrisverine could only look on with a blank expression while his imprisoned brother tried his hardest not to laugh. The Tortuga inventor scowled, blushing furiously as she clenched her fists. "Why that narcissistic, six-toed–"
Her boyfriend was quick to put out her fuse, "Quick! While he's distracted, let's go!" Several unlocked cages later, the Kratt in blue and his furry companions were freed. Without sparing so much as a backwards glance, Martin, Chris, Aviva, and the newly released wolverines made a beeline for the exit, disappearing among the forest undergrowth. Needless to say, the Tortuga inventor stopped to shake her fist at the gray cargo plane only to be pulled back into the trees by the Kratt in green.
Several minutes later, Zach returned to the cargo hold, still laughing, wiping away a few mirthful tears from his eyes. At least until the inventor's laughter ended in a rather violent coughing fit. A Zachbot suddenly appeared with a glass of water for its master.
"Thanks, Zachbot. Now where was I?" Looking around the prison cells, his merriment completely shattered as he found the cages emptied. The Zachbots were still formed in a circle facing inwards, but his uninvited guests were nowhere to be found.
"Aww phooey! I'll get you next time you Wild Rats!"
**** Elsewhere....****
"Creature Mission accomplished!"said Martin once he, Chris, Aviva, and the wolverines were miles away from Zach's plane. The Kratt in blue cast the couple a mischievous grin. "Gotta say, guys, that was probably the easiest creature rescue ever."
Rolling his eyes, Chris playfully elbowed his brother in the ribs. "Yeah, but what matters is that the wolverines are where they belong, living free and in the wild." One by one, the normally solitary mustelids retreated to their own parts of the boreal forest to carry out their ways, business as usual.
The Kratt in green's smile faded as he realized that his girlfriend had been silent the entire trip back, the scowl still etched on her face. "What's wrong, Aviva? You're not still mad about Zach making fun of us, are you?"
"What? Of course not!"she snapped. Chris simply crossed his arms, the questioning expression on his face told her he wasn't convinced. "Maybe?" Finally, she heaved a sigh. "Alright. Maybe I still am."
The young Kratt smiled as he wrapped an arm around her waist. "You know what I think? I think Zach's just jealous that he's not dating the world's greatest scientist."
A moment of silence.... before Aviva's scowl melted into a beaming smile. "Oh, you're just saying that,"she said, trying to be modest, her cheeks flushing pink.
"What? It's true. And the most beautiful might I add." As he continued to compliment her, Chris began to pepper Aviva with kisses along her face, causing the inventor to giggle and laugh.
"Chris! Por favor.. Sto-hahahap!"she begged in between laughs, playfully swatting him away before ruffling his spiky hair. The Kratt in green chuckled in response; he always delighting in making her laugh and smile. Chris' eyes flew wide open as Aviva closed the distance, planting her lips with his. She parted abruptly, giggling at his bewildered face.
"Gracias, Cariño."
"Ahem. Hello? Older brother still here."
The startled couple looked over their shoulders to see Martin leaned back against an oak tree with his arms crossed, a mischievous smirk on his face. In their frisky play, they had completely forgotten about his presence.
"Martin, haven't you heard of knocking?"asked Aviva, mildly annoyed. Chris cast his brother a deadpan expression.
"Okay, first off, I'm pretty sure that only applies when you're inside, not out,"the older Kratt cracked with a chuckle, "and second, where's the fun in that?" Martin could no longer contain himself as he erupted into full blown laughter. "I can't— I can't believe it took Zach that long to figure it out! His face! Anyone with eyes can see it whenever you two are making googly eyes or holding hands."
The inventor and the young Kratt exchanged annoyed glances. "And I thought Zach was annoying."mumbled Aviva, grateful that she was an only child.
Her boyfriend heaved a sigh, slapping a palm to his forehead. "Welcome to my world."he remarked. Even though he was the younger of the two, their individual behavior would lead one into believing that it was the other way around. Martin was very mischievous and playful, while Chris' mood was a notch less jolly.
Suddenly they felt something furry rub against their legs. Glancing at their feet, the pair found themselves face to face with a wolverine cub, gnawing at Chris' boots, tugging at the shoelaces.
"Aww, hi Sweetie."cooed Aviva.
"Wanna play, little guy?"asked the younger Kratt, addressing their surprise guest. The little glutton continued to tussle and bite the creature adventurer's boot.
The couple exchanged devilish smirks, the same idea on both their minds.
Martin still laughing to his heart's content, banging upon the oak tree he used as support when–
"Martin?"
The older Kratt recovered from his laughing fit, only to see Chris looming over him, once again in his Wolverine Power Suit, a vengeful, predatory grin playing across his face. Next to him stood Aviva with the wolverine cub in her arms, with an expression that mirrored the green glutton's. Martin gulped in dread.
"Run."
**** Couldn't resist. It was only a matter of time before Zach and the other villains found out.. and of course, MK's never gonna let them live it down..