02

Chapter Two
ø

Chapter Twoø

ø

    THE GIRL spazzed like she was on fire. Shrieking as she spun out of control trying to be rid of the Zombie Demon Spider. The beautifully deceiving arachnid still hung on strong by its web and refused to let go. By this time Delaina had spun her way into the living room making enough erratic movement to trigger the live stream surveillance to Peter's suit.

Now cue one Peter Benjamin Parker AKA Spider-man falling from his web shouting expletives.

Ø

She shouldn't be there. Peter thought as he made his way to where he webbed up his bag. No, she should be at the library where we planned to work... He outwardly groaned. In the corner of his eye the feed from his living room continued to play. He couldn't see why exactly she was sprialing out of control but he knew Karen could figure it out.

"Hey Karen, any idea why she's going insane?" He questioned the AI, attempting and failing to keep the panic out of his voice. The feed zoomed in on Delaina and he felt like he was gonna throw up when he saw it.

"Well Peter," Started the AI, "It looks like Miss Bennet has been bitten by a spider."

"Of course she has!" Exclaimed Peter, although sarcastically. "It's the infamous Parker Luck coming out in full force!"

"Peter, you sound distressed, shall I call Mr. Stark?"

"KAREN DON'T YOU DARE."

Ø

It's only been about two minutes but Delaina was through with the zombie spider riding her like a bull. As much as she'd like to wait for Peter or literally anyone to show up and take care of the spider for her, she knew that waiting for someone to come and save her wasn't going to sit well with her.

"C'mon Del," She said to herself...which wasn't weird..at all. "You got this, its just a spider...a Zombie Demon Spider birthed by the devil's mistress in the depths of hell...but a spider nonetheless." Putting on her big girl pants she gingerly tugged at the strong web, willing it to release her before the spider climbed the web and made its way back to her wrist. She tugged and tugged again before ripping it out of her wrist like ripping a strand of hair off her head. Delaina grimaced at the spot of blood forming on her wrist but she was more concerned about the spider at this point.

Grabbing a clear empty glass from the sink, Delaina took the spider by its web and set it on the counter (*cough* unsanitary), immediately turning the cup upside down and imprisoning the spider in it. She took a breath before turning around and beginning to rummage through the Parker's kitchen drawers. Now, if she had been any louder she was sure she would've missed it, but in this case she didn't.

Turning back around to look at the spider she saw it pushing at a side of the glass, her eyes widened to the size of the moon when she saw what it was doing. The Zombie Demon Spider was moving the heavy glass cup. Moving it to the edge of the counter where it could escape and probably attack her again. But not on her watch.

She grabbed the nearest book-- a cookbook-- and placed it on top of the glass. So the Zombie Demon Spider was not only a zombie, a demon, and a spider, but it was also strong as hell and maybe had one IQ point more than her. Needless to say, Parker has some explaining to do, but for now she was going to figure out how to send the Zombie Demon Spider back to hell.

Continuing to rummage through the drawers she came upon a lighter. Now an adult wold say she was insane, but Delaina, an intellectual, one whose in the middle of binge watching Supernatural for the first time, knows that to get rid of this Zombie-Demon hybrid she needs salt and fire. And well, she's got the fire part down already.

"Now I just need to find the salt so I can set this abomination on fire before it uses its zombie demon venom to melt the freaking glass or something." She looked for the salt for another minute before the Zombie Demon Spider had moved the glass another inch.

"Alright fine," She said, talking to the spider (which still wasn't weird...), "You wanna get out so bad how about I send you back to hell." Taking the lighter she clicks on the lighter and doesn't hesitate for a moment. Lifting up the glass she held the flame right on top of the spider and was infinitely pleased with herself as the spider writhed around in...spider-pain? Nevertheless it was turned right to ashes and that's all she could hope for in these stressful twenty minutes.

Before she could start celebrating and shouting her war cries, however, one disheveled Peter Parker burst through the front door, hasilty closing it after himself. Once he caught delainas wide eyes he froze and stared.

"Um, Parker, you've got some mighty strong spiders living up in here."

Ø

"Soo, it bit you?" Delaina glared at Peter.

"Parker, I said yes the first time you asked me, why would my answer be different now?" She questioned, absentmindedly rubbing the spot where the spider bit her. It was a small bite but after pulling the web out it drew blood, which, according to peter, warranted hydrogen peroxide, Neosporin, and a gigantic bandaid. They were sitting in the living room on the couch.

"Right, right, ummm, so how do you feel? Warm, cold? M-maybe room temperature?" He pressed, and Delaina's demeanor changed.

"Well now that I think of it I do have kind of a headache." She said seriously. The hand that ghosted over the bandage on her wrist rested on her forehead.

"R-really?" He questioned beginning to panic, but Delainas hand fell from her forehead and she looked at him boredly.

"Yeah, and his name is Peter Parker," Peter's shoulders slumped in both relief and annoyance, she didn't know what might be going on but he couldn't exactly tell her... not yet. "Honestly Parker, i'm fine, now stop mothering me so I can leave."

"Okay, okay, fine let me just...get you a glass of water to drink before you go." Delainas eyes widened a fraction.

"Fine, but whatever you do don't use the one on the counter." Peter didn't exactly know what she meant but if it would get her to stay for a few more moments then it didn't matter. Peter remembered exactly what happened when he got bit by the spider and it wasn't pretty. He was also positive that it wasn't something she would want to do alone or with anyone lacking the experience.

Peter got up from the couch and made his way into the kitchen, actively avoiding the upside down glass cup next to the burn spot made by what Delaina called the Zombie Demon Spider. He grabbed a plastic cup from the cabinet and filled it halfway with filtered water. Walking back into the living room he nearly dropped the plastic cup full of water at the sight.

Delaina Bennet was slumped against the couch on the floor with an elevated heart rate (from what he could hear) and uneven breathing.

"I knew that spider was evil, but what the hell?"

__
WORDS: 1261

SHOUTOUT TO
WonderValkyrie FOR BEING THE FIRST TO VOTE ON THIS STORY!
THANKS!!