08

Chapter Eight
ø

Chapter Eightø

ø

PEPPER POTTS was the first person the three got a visit from that afternoon. And she was angry. Not at the three of them, but no one knew that yet. Her black stilettos could be heard all throughout the penthouse and over the Moana movie. They had just seen Moana give the heart back to Te Fiti when they heard the click-clack of doom. Peter and Delaina both sat up alarmed. Their spidey-senses weren't going off but anxiety pooled in them both anyway. Tony on the other hand was well aware that it was Pepper, but he wasn't very fond of the click-clacking either.

As the sound got closer, Peter and Delaina both scrambled up from their spots on the couches and hid, just in time. Delaina and Peter both watched from different ceiling corners as Pepper came in.

"Tony?" At the sound of his name he sighed inwardly before twisting to face his beautiful (but irritated) fiancée.

"Listen, I know what you're gonna say, I'm already--"

"You adopted another science child?! Tony, you can't keep doing this, okay? Three is enough. No more." Said Pepper, putting her foot down.

Harley was the first science child of Tony's but distance kept Tony from spoiling him too much. Well, the distance and Pepper. Then Peter came along and she found herself kicking them both out of the lab some nights. Peter had a schedule regarding when he was suppose to come around but it might as well have been just a suggestion since she's found him around here more often with Tony. And now there's another one.

"Pep--"

"And don't get me wrong i'm so glad it's a girl for once. Third time's a charm right?" Up in her ceiling corner, slowly slipping, Delaina blushed.

"Well—"

"But I mean it, Tony! And how is it that the press knows about her before I do? Has Rhodes met her? What's she like?"

"Honey!" Tony said, finally stopping her rambling. She looked at him questioningly but then her eyes immediately moved to the familiar figure who had just jumped down from the ceiling, and then to the unfamiliar one who slid down a lot less gracefully.

"Hey Ms. Potts!" Said Peter cheerfully with a wave. As if jumping off the ceiling is the norm these days (it is.) He moved forward and gave her a hug and Delaina shuffled nervously behind him. Normal teenage girls had pop-stars or movie stars on their bedroom walls. In Delaina's bare apartment, Pepper Potts was on her wall. But now, Pepper Freaking Potts was right in front of her. After her and Peter's hug, Pepper looked at Delaina with a grin.

"And what's your name?" Asked Pepper and the curly headed teen suddenly couldn't speak. Peter slung an arm around her shoulders.

"This is Delaina, Ms. Potts. She's like me." Peter answered for her. Pepper seemed surprised at the revelation but took it in stride.