07

Chapter Seven
ø

Chapter Sevenø

ø

GYM CLASS wasn't Peter's favorite but it wasn't necessarily hard considering his Spidey-ness. Usually they would do a couple of exercises and then get to do whatever they want for the rest of the period. The only eventful things that would happen were Flash's insults but today that wasn't the case. Today Flash's insults weren't the only entertainment.

Apparently the health teacher had gone on maternity leave early and the school had failed to find a replacement on short notice. To fix this problem they split up the class. One half would go to a different health teacher for that period and the other would go to gym class.

As fate would have it Delaina was in the half that was selected for the gym class. The same class Peter was in.

"Alright newbies!" Said the coach, "there are extra uniforms in these boxes. Grab one and head to the locker room to change. We're climbing ropes today! No excuses." Coach got his original class started on the ropes and instructed them to get as close to the bell at the top as possible. Peter cheered Ned on over Flash's snickering as he made it halfway up and called it quits. He did the same with MJ and if she appreciated it she didn't show it.

The new people in the class came in when it was Peter's turn and he had already planned to go a little more than halfway and call it quits like Peter Parker minus the Spideyness would do. Delaina has other plans.

"You can do it Peter! We climbed the ropes in Tony's gym this is no different! Whoo!" She cheered and he knew what she was doing. She gave him some leeway to go all out on a rope he could climb in his sleep in seconds. Now he didn't have to pretend to be entirely normal he could just do what he does, with a bit of restraint of course.

Peter climbed to the top of the rope and rang the bell leaving everyone in awe. As he climbed down everyone clapped and once his feet landed on the ground he was met with looks of awe and jealousy (mainly from Flash). After the new people stretched they began lining up for the rope as well.

Once it was Delaina's turn Ned, Peter and MJ all cheered her on. She was pretty startled by it since she'd never really gotten that type of motivation before but it hadn't interfered with her climbing. She climbed a lot faster than Peter and rang the bell twice just to show it. The entire class cheered for her at the sound of the bell and Delaina smiled wide as she watched them below.

When she began climbing down, however, she slid a bit. No one noticed but Peter felt the tiniest tingle in his spidey sense. Delaina ignored the impending doom she felt in her stomach and kept climbing down except now it was more like she was sliding down a slippery pole. Everyone at the bottom was getting a little concerned but Delaina still kept climbing down although she was very very far from the bottom.

Peter started running before he even registered what was happening. She lost her grip on the rope and was now free falling onto the mats below. Now according to science and common sense, that mat would not help break her fall. Science and common sense also says that if anyone else stood under her they could break something or y'know die. And the mention of death meant, as much as he didn't want to risk it, Peter had to be a bit of a hero.