Lying in Wait

...

9:30 PM

A couple of hours have passed by since she left. I lay in wait at Rashelle's house. I've been staring at that damn baby blue door all day. I'm crouched down in the bushes across from her house. My body is starting to ache, but I've gotten used to it for now. I have been staking out her house for weeks. Scoping out her daily routine waiting for the perfect moment.

As I wait I think about all the good times we had together. I am reminded of a more peaceful time. She was so sweet. A beautiful, smart, and funny brunette. She still is. I loved her. I love her, but she just refuses to feel the same way towards me. Why can't she just love me? Ah it won't matter soon enough.

I have watched her day and night. I watched her while she slept, exercised, and ate. I had begun to watch her every day since she decided to leave me. I just want to protect her from herself. I won't ever let her go. She belongs to me. My love for her compares to no one else.

About another half hour has passed by, and she finally pulls up to her house. She is in the car her mother bought her for her 18th birthday. She always was her momma's favorite. My mother never did anything for me, but whatever.

It's dark out now. I see her get out of her car stumbling. I believe someone's been naughty. She seem's like she's been drinking. Naive little girl; doesn't she know bad things happen when you're drunk. She closes the car door and glances around both sides of the street. Tsk, tsk, but of course she hasn't seen me. I can see her perfectly though. The perks of having night vision binoculars. She is beautiful, and seemingly graceful as always.

She starts to walk up the stone pathway to the front door. I quickly step out of my hiding place. There is absolutely no one around. I slowly come up behind her as she opens the door with fumbling hands. I grab her quickly, and quietly as I cover her mouth with one of my hands. I don't want her to scream.

...