Chapter 7

The door opened and Hill and Jo raised their guns.

"Excuse us" Steve stated, the man held up his hands and allowed them to pass through.

"Clear out!" Hill ordered. At the sight of Captain America marching in, people didn't need to be told twice. Hill hooked up a mike to the P.A. system and nodded towards Steve. He sat down in front of the mic and took a deep breath. He glanced towards Jo who nodded.

"Attention all Shield agents, this is Steve Rogers. You've heard a lot about me over the last few days. Some of you were even ordered to hunt me down. But I think it's time you know the truth" Steve paused for a moment. "Shield is not what we thought it was, it's been taken over by Hydra. Alexander Pierce is their leader. The strike and insight crew are Hydra as well. I don't know how many more, but I know they're in the building. They could be standing right next to you. They almost have what they want. Absolute control. They shot Nick Fury. And it won't end there. If you launch those helicarriers today, Hydra will be able to kill anyone who stands in their way. Unless we stop them. I know I'm asking a lot. But the price of freedom is high, it always has been. And it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not" Steve stepped away from the mic.

"Did you write that down first, or was it off the top of your head?"

"Overdramatic dweeb" Jo muttered, but there was a small smile on her face.

"They're initiating launch" Hill spoke through the earpiece.

"Hey Cap, how do we know the good guys from the bad buys?" Falcon asked as they sprinted across the landing pad.

"If they're shooting at you they're bad." Falcon spread his wings and took off, taking Steve with him. He would drop Steve off at one of the other carriers. Jo jumped down onto the carrier below her as it began to take off. Jo took down two guards and took cover behind some cargo. She grabbed a grenade from one of the unconscious guards and chucked it at the men pursuing her. The force of the explosion threw them against other metal containers.

"Hey Cap! Found those bad guys you were talking about!"

"You okay?" Jo asked,

"I'm not dead yet!" Falcon exclaimed.

"Eight minutes Jo!"

"I'm working on it!" Jo grunted as she snapped a guard's neck. She opened a door and rushed inside. She made it to the, well, Jo didn't know what it was called but she knew how to put the chip in. She typed what Hill had told her to write and machine showed her a row of chips. "Second one from the left," Jo mumbled, she replaced the targeting blade with the one she had been given. "Alpha lock!" She exclaimed, making her way to the top deck.

"Falcon, where are you now?" Hill asked

"Had to take a detour!" Jo could hear gunfire and explosions from Falcon's end. "Bravo lock!" Falcon shouted a moment later.

"Two down, one to go"

"Cap, what's going on over there!" Jo shouted as she made it to the landing pad. She looked over at the helicarrier Steve was on and saw him, fighting Bucky. "Falcon! I'm gonna need a ride!" She exclaimed. Jo looked behind her to see Hydra agents aiming a missile gun at her.

"Let me know when you're ready!"

"I just did!" She shouted jumping off the helicarrier. Jo spread her arms and legs to slow down her falling, she felt her lunch coming up. Falcon flew under her and came up, grabbing her arm. Sam groaned as he flew Jo to the other carrier.