Chapter 8

"Report to your stations immediately! This is not a drill! We are under attack!" Pietro took Wanda's hand as the voice on the over speaker gave orders.

"Why are they here?"

"For her" Wanda whispered. Pietro nodded. Though he wanted to, there was no time go after her. She would be safe, for now.

"Come on, we got a job to do."

Natasha drove the Jeep while Clint fired his arrows. Tony flew above them, taking down anything in sight. Thor was on the ground fighting any Hydra agent who dared to oppose him. Steve rushed on through, riding his bike over the snow-covered hills. Throwing his Shield and at one point dragging a Hydra agent by the foot for a mile or two.

"Shit!"

"Language!" Steve exclaimed. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield. Strucker's technology is well beyond any other Hydra base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here!" Thor stated. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last" His hammer flew back into his hand and swung.

Natasha jumped out of the Jeep and tossed a grenade into it. She rolled out of the way of the explosion and took off. "At long last is lasting a little long boy."

"Yeah. I think we lost our element of surprise," Clint shot an arrow in the direction of some firepower.

"Wait a second. Is no one else gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'Language'?"

"I know." Cap flipped off his bike and threw it at an oncoming enemy jeep. "It just slipped out."

"You're becoming more fatherly every day"

"Watch it Stark."

"Sir, the city is taking fire" Jarvis spoke up.

"Well, we know Strucker's not going to worry about civilian casualties. Send in the iron legion." Tony's suits flew to the ground and began evacuating the townspeople.

Something fast ran by causing Steve to fly up into the air, managing to land on his feet. "We have an enhanced on the field"

"Clint's been hit!" Nat exclaimed, rushing to Clint's aid. She put pressure on his wound. "Somebody wanna deal with that bunker?"

The Hulk came smashing through! Demolishing the bunker to rubble.

"Thank you."

"Stark, we really need to get inside"

"I'm closing in" Tony landed and shot down two men. "Jarvis, am I closing in? Do you see a power source for that shield?"

"There's a particle wave below the north tower."

"Great, I want to poke it with something" Tony flew through a gate and into the air. He shot a missile into the ground, a few seconds later the shield came down. "The drawbridge is down people."

Cap grabbed his shield and jogged over to Thor.

"The enhanced?"

"He's a blur. All the new players we've faced, I've never seen this. In fact, still, haven't"

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys. We're gonna need evac." Nat spoke through the coms.

"I can get Barton to the jet. The sooner we're gone, the better. You and Stark secure the scepter."