{2} "Mom, We're So Cold."

***

***

"What's the holdup? All right, we rescued Nik, we escaped mortal danger why are we not on a private jet to Saint-Tropez?" Kol asked the group. They were all out standing on the porch and sitting around. When no one answered Kol's question, Kol took the newspaper out out of Elijah's hands. "You can catch up on the last five years when we're on our way. I can assure you haven't missed much."

"Circumstances have changed we will leave here soon enough." Elijah said as he sat up straighter.

"We have our nieces to consider." Rebekah said giving Kol a look.

"Kol has a point," Freya stood up from her chair and walked to lean against the railing beside Rebekah. "We need to put an ocean between us and Marcel Gerard as soon as possible."

Klaus decided to join the argument, "We're not going anywhere today. I want one day of peace with my daughters. Before we uproot them." It was one of the only days that he would be able to get to know them. He missed a lot being trapped for 5 years and he didn't want to miss any more.

"Any delay is a risk." Freya said.

"One day. We're in the middle of nowhere, the house is cloaked. We weren't followed, and I'm not asking!" Klaus shouted. Just then, Hayley walked out of the house with Hope and Skye by her side. Both girls were holding on to each of Hayley's hands as they looked at the group. The group turned and looked at the little girls.

"Everybody, look who's awake." Hayley said smiling. Hayley moved her hands to where they rested on the girls' backs. The two girls looked at the group in silence for a second a pursed their lips. The group in front of them all stood up and looked at the girls. Klaus walked in front of the two little girls.

"Hello." Hope and Skye said shyly.

"Hello." Klaus said back. It was silent again and no one really knew what to say. You couldn't blame them either. This was all very awkward at the moment so no one was really sure of the right thing to say.

Skye turned and looked up at Hayley, "Mom, can we go play in the garden?"

"Yeah. Sure." Hayley replied. Skye grabbed Hope's hand and they both walked down the porch steps and past the group. The Mikaelsons and Hayley all watched the little girls walk away, and then they glanced at each other.

***

It was a little while after what happened previously. Klaus was standing on the porch near the railing in his thoughts. When he heard someone come over to him, he glanced to his side and saw Hayley. "What terrible things did you tell them?" Klaus asked the brunette.