{3} The Hollows Are Coming

They took the girls to a place they had never seen before, or at least remembered. Skye was being carried by her father, while Hope was being carried by her mother. Skye had been nervous, unaware of what was going on. She wasn't scared, because Hayley raised the girls differently, to not fear something until it must be feared. In the end, what was once scary, might just be a shadow of a bunny. Looks are deceiving, Hayley always said, and she wouldn't let her girls be fooled by appearances. Skye was wrapped in a blanket as she wore a blue nightgown and Hope was in a pink one. As they entered, Klaus looked around as he started to speak, some of the words neither of the girls could understand, "Our home. Once the pride of our family, now a flophouse." The house was a disheveled mess, and you could tell it hadn't been occupied in what would seem ages.

   "Indeed, the mighty have fallen," Elijah agreed quickly, while Hayley- the worried hybrid mother she was -had started to rush inside with Hope. It was a scary turn of events, something the girls had never experienced. They were both bonding with their freshly resurrected family (nobody else can say that, can they?) and then BAM! Suddenly they see things, hear things. Things no normal child should hear or see. Something was tearing the family apart little by little.

"Where's Vincent?" Hayley asked quickly, sitting Hope down as she gently took Skye from Klaus' arms and laid her down beside her sister. A man suddenly started to speak, a man who was very skinny and very intimidating, a man the girls hadn't met. Hayley backed away from the girls as Skye turned her attention to the man. Who was this man? Was he there to help her and her sister? Was he one of the bad people her mother warned her about?

"Right here. Kept my word. Now the only question is whether or not you guys are gonna keep yours. As soon as I'm finished healing your kids, you got to leave the city," Vincent explained to the family, or the two hybrid parents more directly. He had pointed to the girls when he said "kids", making Skye look confused.

"Well, we're not gonna stay, are we? Your city has lost its charm," Klaus fired back, and Skye closed her eyes as she almost drifted to sleep, but she couldn't. Every time she closed her eyes it was like she was staring death in the face. Every time she closed her eyes a blue light shone. Every time she saw darkness, she saw the monsters inside. Elijah whispered softly to her to keep her eyes open for him, just a few moments longer. And she did.

"What he means to say is that we're very grateful, just help them and we'll leave," Hayley begged, holding her hands up in a peaceful gesture as she looked at Vincent. You could tell she adored her girls, and all that she wanted was for them to be okay. If something were to happen to them, Hayley knew she'd never forgive herself for not doing something.

"Just give us what we need, and we will do so, happily," Elijah said to Vincent, standing from his crouching position next to the girls. Vincent nodded at them in agreement and made his way over to the ill-looking girls. Hope reached over to hold Skye's hand, and Skye held it as she squeezed it. The girls were together in every sisterly sense of the word. They comforted each other, and made sure the other felt safe and secure. Skye shivered as the night air bit at her face like pins being pushed into it, the covers doing nothing to warm her.

"Okay," Vincent said softly, rubbing his hands together. "Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a. Nettoyer timoun sa a," Vincent chanted, clapping over both the girls as he closed his eyes. By then, Skye and Hope had their eyes closed, not wanting to watch as this happened. Seven year olds shouldn't have to go through what those two did, and in a way it was a curse. But in so many other ways, it was a blessing. Soon, Vincent touched their faces and they awoke.