Forgive me

It all happened in an instant.

The ball went flying over the net at such speed, no one had time to process what was happening, least of all Kindaichi who surely would have noted the ball flying towards his face at such a high speed.

*SLAM THUMP*

The sound of the ball hitting him square on the nose and him then slamming into the floor due to the force.

"Kindaichi!"

"Are you okay!?"

All the first years gathered round him to check their teammate was still alive after the impact.

"Shit, there's blood!"

The rest of the third years rushed over to him, someone ran to get some tissue.

I was stood in a daze. It's not unusual for accidents like this to happen but this wasn't an accident. I aimed and hit the ball with the intent to scare him a little, I never expected it to actually hit him, I'm used to playing against Iwa-chan and the others who have the reflexes to react quick enough. I got caught up in all of my emotions and forgot I was playing a practice match against inexperienced first years.

"Tooru ."

It was Iwa-chan. All he did was say my name and look at me with a blank expression. Shit. I screwed up. Iwaizumi is seriously pissed.

He didn't say anything else and just walked over to the crowd.

"Hey! Don't just leave him sitting there in a puddle of blood! Let's get him to the nurses office" Iwaizumi started rattling off orders whilst he crouched down next to Kindaichi.

He gently said something to him after everyone had moved away, it was obviously something between the two of them.

Kindaichi put one arm around Iwaizumi's shoulder and he helped him stand, then the two of them headed off to the nurses office without even a glance in my direction.

I seriously screwed up. To be honest, I screw up a lot, but this time I hurt someone with my actions. I'm so ashamed. It's not often that it turns out this way.

I'm one hell of a bag of emotions right now.

Maybe this is why I lost Iwa-chan. My stupid pride and selfishness. But what am I supposed to do, they're hardwired into me now, I can't just suddenly stop being me.

"Hey captain, it'll be fine, probably just a nosebleed."

"Yeah, Kindaichi will be fine! This sort of thing happens all the time."

The rest of the team had gathered round me. I could see the worry etched onto their faces, they'd never seen me act this way before.

I need to suck it up.

"Yeah, I'm sure he's fine, that wasn't even my full power! At least now he won't be scared of receiving served from other teams in official matches, hahaha!"

I put on my normal facade.

"Yeah that's true! After receiving one of your serves to the face, any other team will be easy!"

They all started to chatter amongst themselves and carried on tidying up the courts.

The practice match was cancelled with each team being a man down and everyone went back to normal practice.

I tossed a few balls but coach could see I really wasn't feeling it anymore.

"Oikawa, you can head home. There's no point you practicing if you're heads not in it"

I nodded, took one last look at where Kindaichi had fell and left for the club room.

As soon as I reached the club room it all hit me like a ton of bricks.

I had hurt someone and let my emotions get the better of me. I had hurt the person my boyfriend was potentially in love with. My boyfriend was in love with someone else.

The pain in my chest was incredible. It brought tears to my eyes and my face twisted in pain as I tried to hold it all in.

I don't know what I'll do without my Iwa-chan. My rock. My best friend. My everything.

I couldn't hold it in any longer. I fell to the floor, my back against the lockers, and I cried.

I didn't even think to lock the club room door behind me, I would never want anyone to see me like this but I wasn't thinking straight.

I had started to calm down and stopped my bawling. I was calming down my breathing and wiping my eyes with my arms.

I should have known someone would come to the club room.

The door opened and my eyes widened in horror at who was standing there.