Chapter Two

"But do you really have to go?"  I whined at Phoenix as he was standing across the room slipping his work clothes on.

I looked at the clock to see it read 5:20Am and I groaned, knowing I wouldn't be able to fall back asleep.

"But it was so nice having you here all day." I continued as I leaned back against our headboard and rubbing my eyes..

Phoenix sighed and slowly made his way back to our bed wearing nothing with usual work pants, making me grin.

"You're hell bent on making me late huh?" He joked as he crawled onto our bed and on top of me.

"Me? Never." I dramatically acted, while running my hands through his soft and undone hair.

He leaned down and kissed me, while sliding his hand up inside of my thigh.

"Nope nope nope." I muttered behind the kiss, slapping his hand away. "I told you, not while your brother is a few doors down." I laughed as he rolled his eyes, but nothing less retracted his hand.

He chucked too , until I sat up abruptly clenching my lower stomach, trying to breathe through the painful cramps that ripped through me.

"Again? Mi, you really need to see a doctor , I don't thing that's normal." Nix said, moving onto his knees to massage my stomach.

" I know. It's so weird because it comes and goes, and I'm not even on my period." I complained.

Lately, I've been getting insane cramps that lasted less than a minute, but still. The pain was so bad my vision even blurred once. They feel like the normal cramps I get on my period, just a million times worse.

"You're not pregnant or anything right? Not that I would be mad but it's kind of off timing-" Phoenix rambled making me smile.

"No Nix. We use protection, I'm on the pill which I've never missed in my life and I get a normal period every month." I tried to explain to him. "And I already took a few pregnancy tests. We're in the clear." I rushed out making him raise and eyebrow.

"Just make an appointment." He mumbled, getting off the bed but leaning down to give me a kiss on the forehead, not shaking off his worried glance.

"Will do." I smiled softly. Honestly I'm not too worried. As a child, my older sister had horrible cramps that would leave her bed ridden, and I figure I'm just now getting a dose of what if feels like.

"I'll cook tonight." I added as he finally began to tie the laces of his boots, as lately we've only been eating out.

"Thank the lord. Can you make tacos?" He begged.

"Sounds great." I replied, standing up and stretching myself, and making a mental list of what I would need to grab at the grocery store.

"Ok im leaving. Have a good day, text me if you need me and make sure Nick unpacks at least three boxes before I'm home." He said, grabbing his keys and wallet off of the nightstand on his side of the bed.

"I planned on going out with him today." I stated, as I headed towards our bathroom.

"That's fine, but he better have at least three boxes unpacked before I get home. Mia you seriously let him get off the hook with everything." Phoenix complained at me as I switched the light on.

"I can't hear you over the sound of me brushing my teeth!" I gargled trying to hide my giggle.

I head him mumble something along the lines of "I love you" before a I heard him leave our room and eventually the front door.

I took this time to shower, shave and exfoliate and give my hair a good wash, in order to get out all of the sweat the summer heat has brought me.

For my outfit I chose some boyfriend jeans that I cuffed on the ankle and a thin strapped white tank top tucked in.