Chapter Four

Today was the day of my dreaded doctors appointment and I honestly thought about canceling a few hundred times.

"Are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" Phoenix asked for the millionth time reaching for my hand.

"Yes!" I exclaimed basically pushing him out of the bedroom door and toward the staircase where Nick waited for him not so patiently and tapping away on his phone.

He wore dark blue jeans and a white t shirt paired with some white vans that I bought for him a while ago.

"Alright. Text me if you need us and well be there in minutes." he sighed turning and kissing me and biting my lower lip making me laugh in the kiss from his action.

"Go!" I ordered him finally making leave.

I watched him and Nick walk out together and  sighed as I slowly strolled back to our room and finished packing my purse for my day on my own.

My hair was thrown in a topknot and I wore simple high waisted jean shorts paired with a white v neck tucked in on the side. On my feet were my favorite, comfortable brown sandals.

I grabbed my sun glasses off my dresser before heading down the stairs myself and out of the front door, feeling sick with nerves.

I walked into my car, right away putting on my air conditioner on and sighing, typing in the directions of my new doctor's office into my car gps.

The drive I had was silent and dread filled my stomach, because I was certainly nervous to finally find out what this annoying and time consuming pain was.

The office was not far, so I made it there a few minutes early , giving me time to collect myself and my thoughts and take many many slow breaths in attempt to push down my anxieties.

I grabbed my purse off of the passenger seat and headed into the large ,multiple glass story building , a little less nervous that I was able to calm myself slightly.

I followed the signs to the regular check up section and ended up in an empty large waiting room and I walked up to the main front desk where a tan man was sitting typing away.

"Hey." I greeted, startling him and making him look up with a nervous smile.

"Hey! Sorry about that. Its my first week here and we hardly ever have patients." he explained with an apologetic smile.

"Don't even worry about it." I waved him off, giving him my insurances and identification.

We chatted a bit more as he imputed me into the system and then ushered me into the back and into a large doctor's room, leaving me all alone.

I slipped off my clothes and put on the white and blue speckled hospital gown that was provided for me.

I felt almost child like as I sat on the bed, feet dangling while waiting for the doctor to come in.

I scrolled through Instagram feed and smiled at my photos of Nix, Nick and I that we had waiters or random strangers take as we drove down here from Washington.

It was quite the journey and was filled with many laughs, junk food and great music thanks to me and my amazing play list. 

I was distracted and quickly shoved my phone away when the women doctor entered the room giving me a warm smile.

"Hello Amelia , my name is Brenda. So I understand you're here for stomach pain?" She began and turned to was her hands along with throw some gloves on.

"Yeah, It feels almost as a period cramp but a million times worse and lasts roughly seconds." I explained the best I could.

"Hmm." She began , walking over to me and gesturing me to lay down. "Chance of Pregnancy?" She questioned making me shake my head right away.