Chapter Three

"Come on Phoenix, he's been so sweet and good lately!" I begged Nix as he brushed his teeth for bed.

"He's grounded Mia. If we let him go it's going back on our word." He tried to reason but I wasn't having it. "The whole point of us being strict is so when school comes around he knows there will no leniency" he tried to further explain.

I followed him into our bed and faked cried as we snuggled under the sheets. I continued to pester him while laying half of my body on his torso.

He massaged my messy head of hair as I continued to lay limpy on his body. "Pleaseeeeeeee" I started.

"Fine! If you'll stop crushing me." He laughed as I sat up and rested on my knees.

I was about to celebrate when a painful cramp went through my stomach, starting under my bellybutton and shoring towards my back.

I immediately doubled over and hurried my face into the pillow trying to catch my breath.

"Mia are you alright?" Nix sat up abruptly and wrapped his arms around me.

"I-it hurts." I breathed out, waiting for it to pass.

When it finally passed I straightened up and pushed my hair out of my face and caught my breath.

"I hate when that happens to you. When is your doctors appointment?" He asked worriedly stroking my back.

"Next week." I sighed , finally feeling comfortable and getting under the blankets.

"And your sure about any yanno babies or anything?" He asked seemingly concerned.

"For the last time no." I chucked. "There's a clinic downtown and I went a few days ago. They did an ultrasound and everything were all in the clear for that." I replied softly rubbing his chest.

"So what bikini should I wear to the pool party tomorrow?" I whispered into his ear while biting back a laugh and changing the subject off of me.

"A turtle neck and those fleece lined leggings. I can't have a bunch of 11-12 year olds drooling over my girlfriend." He stated with a grin.

"Speaking of eleven year olds and drooling, did you know your brother has some feelings for Taylor. She's honestly the cutest little girl ever. All outdoorsy and everything." I tried to explain.

"Wait really?" He propped himself up on his elbow getting interested.

"Duh, you haven't noticed?" I rolled my eyes but shook my head anyways.

"Do you think this is like a sign?" He whispered with growing eyes.

"A sign of what?" I questioned.

"The P word." He replied a smile forming.

"Ew you don't mean male puberty?!" I exclaimed. "I don't even wanna think of all the awkwardness and sweat that comes along with that" I cringed remembering back to the time when I was in 8th grade and one of my good friends got a boner talking to our English teacher.

Phoenix groaned and flopped back into the bed making us bounce a little.

"How about during my doctors appointment, you two go have some fun bro time." I suggested.

"Saturday's are for the boys." He shrugged making me punch him.

"I'm serious. You could talk about balls dropping or whatever happens and spend some fun time together instead of punishing him all the time." I finished while letting out a yawn and turning to face my respective side.

He rubbed my back a little longer until I felt his hand get softer and softer until it all together stopped and his soft snores began.

After some more late night thinking I let myself drift off to sleep.