♡ Chapter 9 ♡

Katelyn's pov

After that, I did something I thought I would NEVER do. I skipped class and just stayed there with Austin talking. We talked about a lot of stuff, hobbies, childhood stuff like that. I wondered how we lost each other.. we were such a good friends and to my very big surprise he remembered that. He didn't forget about our friendship in kindergarten. It felt great to truly catch up. And honestly, he wasn't so bad. I couldn't forget that he did become a bully and was a bully for most of middle school.. and he bullied my best friend but.. Everyone makes mistakes no? I smiled at him and gazed into his eyes. He just smiled back.

"Maybe you arent that bad to be honest"

He chuckled "not that bad huh"

I grinned "yup not that bad bad but not THAT bad you know"

I could see his eyes go from my eyes to my lips and I couldn't help but blush. He started to lean in and I did too. Our lips connected again and it felt like heaven. It felt.. right. I was lost in our kiss when I heard a voice that immediately brought me back to reality.

"what the fuck is going on here?!" Amy said with tears in her eyes. "This is a joke RIGHT" I jumped up and ran towards her "Amy wait! No let me explain" I yelled desperately as she was already leaving. "It's not what it seems.." I whispered. She turned towards me "not what it seems?? You're making out with my bully and it's not what it seems???"

She questioned and I felt my heart sink. I didn't expect her to be this hurt over it.. "so you're dating my bully behind my back cool.. since how long" she then asked, still with tears in her eyes "but.. but we're not" she looked away and just walked away. I tried to after her but she didn't want to talk to me anymore. She just assumed I was dating him and that we had been together behind her back when obviously that wasn't true. I wasn't even dating him! We kissed a few times but.. that didn't mean anything did it? I mean.. it was a mistake.

Very defeated I went to the cafeteria alone. I sat down at a table and looked over to where Austin was sitting with the popular kids. I was very surprised when he stood up and came towards me. "are you alright?" He asked with a reassuring smile. I shrugged.

"Why don't you come sit with us?" He then suggested. I looked over at their table and sighed. I mean.. what do I have to lose? I stood up and he guided me to their table. He pushed away his stuff to make sure I had enough space and sat down next to me. My brother seemed confused and Carlos mad but Austin ignored them. I looked over to where Amy was sitting alone.. she caught my gaze and immediately looked away. I understood that she would probably never forgive me which made me very upset. But.. at least.. I wasn't alone and the popular kids were quite accepting.. or so I thought.

___________________________
❤❤❤