♡ Chapter 10 ♡

Austin's pov:

I didn't understand what was happening. Never in a million years did I imagine I could feel this way. To be completely honest I'm fucked up.. like very very fucked up and I know that. I have issues. Way to many to count.

That kiss in her room.. It made me feel some type of way..I hate it. I hate how.. vulnerable she can make me feel.. But perhaps she's different? Should I give her a chance.. no.. I can't do feelings. Feelings, love.. it's the biggest weapon you can give anyone. You love them and they.. they screw you over anyways. Katelyn might be different.. but I don't want to get attached. God, I found so.. weak right now. I have to forget about this, and not catch any feelings.. because that won't end well.

Luckily she likes the necklace. I spend like a hundred bucks on that thing.I don't even know why. I've never given such a thing to any of my past girlfriends. So I don't know why I gave it to her. I mean I just.. Wanted to make her happy I guess. I.. Don't know. I don't know what's actually going on with me.

When she was eating there all alone, I saw how upset she was. I saw how she looked at her friend and assumed it was her fault while in reality it seems to be mine. I didn't care about my friends anymore and I didn't care what her brother was going to think. I invited her to sit with us and I was very happy with my decision. Tho she still seemed sad, at least she wasn't alone anymore. My suspicions about her still being upset confirmed themselves when she stood up and walked away before we were all done. I gave one look to my friends before following her.

She was walking towards her locker. I was about to walk up to her, and ask her if she was alright when I saw Carlos walk up to her instead and that asshole then puts an arm around her waist. I felt my blood starting to boil. How dare he go against me. I made my way up to them and gave katelyn a charming smile, while glaring at Carlos.

"Would you let go of my girlfriend"

Katelyn didn't look at me but Carlos just snickered.

"Your little girl told me she ain't yours Austin. why would you lie?"

How to get her out of this now? I glanced at her and our eyes met. Finally she understood that she had to go along with it if she wanted him to leave her alone. Carlos is even worse then me. If he wants her.. he'd.. go really far to get what he wants.

"I was joking.. I'm.. His girl"

Carlos's eyes went wide and he let go of her waist. I smirked satisfied. She was going along with it so I had to do so too.

"Yeah , so I would appreciate you staying away from my girl"

Carlos nodded and walked off, not giving us another glance. I couldn't help but tease her now.

"Well then so we are dating now?"

She shook her head and scoffed

"Haha very funny. We both know why I said that.

I chuckled lightly and nodded. I gave her a soft smile and our eyes met. That.. strange and annoying feeling returned which made me very annoyed. Not at her.. but rather at myself. Why can't I just go back to being the popular jerk I was? I have to do something before I actually catch feelings. It's easier to pretend that you don't do relationships and only o hookups or flings.. it's easier to pretend like you're heartless.. then nobody can break your heart..

____________________________

I am, so insanely sorry for not updating for months but my life turned completely upside down during the summer. I got Ill, relapsed in my eating disorder (which.. isn't a shame to talk about) and almost lost everything because of a stupid mistake. But I will come back slowly however because I just found a really good job :)