Chapter 3: What Just Happened?

Ocelot was always called 'oddly pretty'. She never really got much sun, except when her dad tossed her out of the cave to go get fruit from the rainforest for her father. She'd have to sneak bits of it for herself. But due to her lack of sunshine, Ocelot's scales had a kind of pastel like colour. The other RainWings were bright. A little too bright in Ocelot's opinion. She was used to her father's dark reds and oranges, and when she went to Jade Mountain the bright yellows, golds and greens of the Jade Mountain RainWings kind of overwhelmed her. The only dragon who knew her before coming to Jade Mountain were the school founders and Kinkajou. She remembered when her father took her to see them to get her in, told her to act nice and that he had to pretend to love her. His exact words were: "I have to pretend to love your pathetic murderous self." So, when the founders were talking, Hoatzin and Ocelot had been put in an empty cave. Her father had refused to let her stay in there, and so she camouflaged herself and eavesdropped on the founders. "I don't know.." Tsunami grumbled. "She's really quiet, I don't think she could handle so many other dragonets."  Sunny opened her mouth, but Glory cut in. "I agree. She seems unable to communicate." After more arguing, Sunny whispered in Clay's ear, and the MudWing cleared his throat. "What if we put her with someone really nice, like one of my mother's guards..." They had started to walk toward the cave that she was supposed to be in, and she slipped in, sat down, and cleared her throat, just slightly. Her father had growled, whipping around. She saw the dragonets walk in and tried to signal. But her father ignored her, his scales shifted to their usual red and orange, and he growled. "I thought I told you to get out and stay out until those dragonets came back." He snarled. Ocelot backed up, bumping into the wall. Her father reared up, slashing his claws in a jagged half circle on the left side of her neck. She whimpered, shrinking back, when Tsunami cleared her throat. Ocelot caught a glimpse of her own white scales, and the red cut dripping blood down her neck and onto the cave floor. Sunny came over to her and comforted her, putting leaves over her cut. Tsunami took a threatening step forward. "We'll take her." That was the best day of her life. Of course, her father said that she was to completely forget that they went. Which meant he told her again. "Class dismissed!" Ocelot jumped. Webs was leaving the cave now, everyone but her and Winter, who was looking at her with a confused expression. The RainWing quickly dashed off, out of the cave and down the hallway toward her own. Suddenly, Qibli came up beside her. They walked for a moment in second, before Qibli spoke up. "Uh.. hey? I know we don't really know each other, but I'd like to!" He said cheerfully. Ocelot smiled at him. "Hi." She said quietly. He seemed to study her with his black eyes, so she studied him right back with her silver ones. By his expression, he wasn't expecting that this small, quiet and shy RainWing had a studying gaze similar to his own. "I know this might be an, er, awkward question, but where'd you get that scar  on your neck?" He pointed a claw at the jagged half circle scar on her neck. She  kept her head facing forward, but looked at him with her eye. Ocelot spotted him flinch, and felt a small wave of sadness. Shaking it off, she said "I got it from falling when learning to fly."

After some more reading in her sleeping cave, the RainWing walked down to the main hall to go to the library (A/N: Dunno if you have to go that way but I say you do so HAH) and squinted. The main hall was deserted. Usually it had dragons doing homework, or just chatting. Something wasn't right. She saw her scales shift to pale green from the corner of her eye. She growled. This was odd. Ocelot stalked into the room, her silver eyes scanning every inch of it, until catching sight of white and light blue out of the corner of her eye. Too late, she spun around just to be pounced on by an IceWing. And she screamed.

--==Winter's POV==--

Winter was sat in his sleeping cave, arguing with Qibli as usual. They were arguing about who knows what. After more shouting between them, Winter heard a scream. He pricked his ears, and looked at Qibli. That sounds like... "OCELOT?" Winter roared, anger striking his heart. What could have happened to her? Things paraded into his brain. She could have caught a sickness... or she could have hurt herself.. or-or... He shook his head. Focus.. He thought, before unconsciously roaring with rage. An IceWing was attacking Ocelot. She had frozen her back left leg. Again, although he didn't realize it, he was pouncing on the IceWing, slashing at her shoulders. Then he realized this was Icicle. His sister. Winter froze, stepping off her. Icicle stood up growling. "Icicle? Why would you attack Ocelot?" He hissed. Icicle snarled. "I knew it! You have a soft spot for this RainWing!" She hissed. "I had to find out if it was true." Icicle snarled. "It was. You!" She snapped at Ocelot, who had passed out. "And none of you say anything about this!" She snapped. And then she was gone.

--==Ocelot's POV==--

Everything hurt. Everything was cold. Her leg hurt like MAD. She felt tears on her cheeks. Ow. Ow. Ow. Such ow. With agonizing slowness, she opened her eyes, and saw the healer talking to Qibli, Winter, Kinkajou and Moonwatcher, who looked like she had a headache. She whimpered softly, causing Winter to whip his head around. She caught the delighted expression on his face before he quickly wiped it off, replacing it with restrained happiness. Ocelot groaned. "H-heyy." She croaked  quietly, barely making a sound. Winter walked over quickly, as they were on the opposite side of the cave, and the others turned to look at them. She saw their expressions; Qibli looked shocked that she was alive, Moon and Kinkajou looked overjoyed, and the healer looked bewildered. She also saw that Queen Glory was here. With Deathbringer, of course. The two of them looked relieved. "Oh thank god!" Queen Glory exclaimed. "I don't know who you are, but I know you're a RainWing, which means you're my responsibility." She said breathlessly, and Ocelot smiled on the inside at her worried Queen. Winter stepped up to her. They stared at each other for a long moment. The others left the room with amused expressions, and she leaned forward and kissed him.

--==Winter's POV==--

I can't want this, I can't I can't I can't. He thought. But he still did. Ocelot fell back onto the bed, her scales a deep crimson, and white in some areas. He put the blanket back on her, and waited for a moment before walking out. By the expressions on their face, he was blushing blue. Then Winter said to his own bewilderment, "What just happened?"                                                       

A/N: Sorry for the late chapter. I know I'm evil for Oc x Canon character in a book. But I was thinking that the book was getting boring, so I was like "SPICE IT UP ME". So I put in that. It's 10:07 as I write this so yeas.