Free

"Where is she?!"
I hear a distinctive voice getting closer to my room. The footsteps pound against the floor when they stop suddenly.
The door opens.
I open my eyes slightly to see Thomas. His tears are like rivers. It breaks my heart to see him like this.
"I-Its okay, Thomas. I'll be okay. I p-promise." I say to him, giving the best smile I can, which isn't very good. I hear shuffling outside the door, and then it opens. The doctor comes in with a sad smile.
"I'm sorry that these may be your last moments. We wish that we could save you, but the cance-" She gets cut off with Thomas yelling.
"You could have saved her! She wouldn't be in her death bed now! It's all your fault, all your fault.."
The words repeat in his mind over and over again. I slowly lift my hand to hold his. The doctor realizes that this wasn't the time and slipped out the door, making a small click on the way out.
"It's not their fault. It's not anyone's fault. I-I'll be fine." I say to him, tears slowly appearing in the corner of my eyes.
"But it has to be someone's fault! It's God's fault! He made the most sweetest, beautiful, kind, and loving girl have cancer!"
I smile slightly and say,"I don't know who you're talking about, that doesn't fit my description."
He chuckles slightly and looks at me in the eyes. The clock on the wall ticks, meaning that it's 12:00.
He slowly kisses me and them pulls apart,"I don't want to lose you. Not now, not ever."
I give him a sad smile and say,"I don't want to leave you either. You made my life so much better." I feel my tears flowing down my cheek.
"I don't wanna die. I don't wanna die."
The thought of death keeps replaying over in my mind, making me rethink the situation I'm in.
I'm brought back into the real-world soon enough.
The real-world is painful.
I feel my heart beat slow down. I close my eyes and smile the best I can.
"Goodbye my love. I love you, forever and always." I say as I drift off, taking my last breath.
--------------------
No, no, no! She can't be gone.
I scream and cry. I do whatever the hell I can, but no matter what I can't bring her back.
After hours of bellowing and crying, I finally have to go home.
She was in pain and I couldn't help her.
I can't keep thinking like this.
So I stop, and stay strong.
For her.
-----------
Years have past. I still visit her all the time. On the day she died, I whispered to her grave,"I love you, forever and always."
A shooting star flies past as I finish those words, like my angel can hear me.
I feel tears flowing down my cheek again.
At least, she's finally free.