Xavier is Dying: 2

Xavier's POV

"I know, I know," I mumbled sheepishly, timidly approaching Bella who sat at our lunch table steely faced. Her lips sat in a straight line, arms crossed as she glared me down.

I placed my tray of school food down, taking my seat in front of Bella and watched her continue to glare. We kept staring at each other for a moment, my skin beginning to crawl as she stared at me expectantly.

"I'm sorry!" I exclaimed, breaking under her stare.

"Sorry for?" She asked me, refusing to give away her internal thought process as I grovelled.

"I'm sorry for being late and abandoning you," I sighed, hoping she'd forgive me soon.

"And?" She pressed, leaning forward with her elbows resting on the table, looking like she was enjoying this way more than she should.

And?" I squeeked, panicking at what else I could have done.

"Ignoring my messages, Xaiv, I thought you were dead!" She exclaimed, half joking as she dramatically threw her hands in the air to emphasise her point.

"Well, I did think I was a dead man walking when I realised I was late?" I joked back with a small chuckle.

"Oh shove off, you and your shit jokes!" She laughed, throwing a piece of her orange at me.

"Hey," I laughed, picking the orange slice off my lap and sitting it to the side. I was thankful the tension was now broken and Bella and I were back to our usual joking, "And don't think I didn't notice you eating up that apology, you sadist."

Bella smirked, "Well-"

"Nope, do not even try to make me regret that joke by admitting your weird kinks. Conversation over," I rushed out as she rolled her eyes with a goofy smile. 

I picked up my pizza slice and began eating it, the hunger consuming my mind more than anything. Although, halfway through eating my food I swear a light bulb went off above my head. I glanced up at Bella, the realisation that I forgot to tell her of this morning's events crossing my mind.

"I forgot to tell you," I began as Bella glanced up at me, mid way through her sandwich, "Aries Dubois and I were partnered in art class today and he painted me. He's pretty good too."

Bella seemed to forget how to swallow as she began choking on her sandwich. I watched her with a grimace as she coughed, grabbing her water and chugging it down. Once she finally composed herself, she turned to me wide eyed.

"You what?" She questioned, her voice a little higher than normal.

Bella had a crush on Aries when she was younger. I'm pretty sure she still does but she tries to play it off. She's an omega in the pack meaning no one paid any mind to her despite her undeniable beauty radiating off her. It's not that they'd refuse to date an omega, more that omegas tend to blend into the background for most of the pack. Bella used to see a lot of Aries when he was younger; His father would bring him to the pack house to interact with the pack members whilst he worked and Bella would watch them all play out in the garden.

I felt sorry for Bella. Since she was an omega, she grew up learning to cook and clean instead of getting to play. I don't think she minded too much since she enjoys helping out and knows the treatment of omegas in other packs but who wouldn't want to be a kid.

I was the same as Aries, being raised in the pack house to get accustomed to the pack members. Except, I was always kind of the odd one out so I'd stay back in the kitchen, talking to the omegas whilst they cooked. It's how Bella and I grew so close.