❣️Ten❣️

We all walk into the trampoline park and pay. Angela and I go to the restroom as the boys begin to jump. "Okay, so.. I think Jack's gonna break up with me." She lets out. "What? Why?" She shrugs, "I just feel like it's coming. Why do you think I'm so invested in your relationship?" It's true, Angela has been 110% for me and Sam. She's constantly telling us how great we are together, always asking for details about dates, sex, our relationship in general, and now I know why. "I'll talk to G, okay? It'll be fine." I tell her and she nods, "It's okay if it's not. I'll still have you right?" "Absolutely! You've become my best friend." I tell her honestly and she smiles. "Now, lets go jump!" I grab her hand and pull her out of the bathroom and over to the boys.

After we spent a few hours at the trampoline park, we all went back to Angela's. The boys head to the den, and Angela and I go up to her room and both collapse on her bed. "I have an idea!" I suddenly let out. "What is it?" She sits up and looks at me. "We should make the boys dinner tonight. That way, Jack can see we're not so different and he won't break up with you." "Wait, what?" "Ummm.. I don't know what you're talking about." I lie. "What do you mean 'so he can see we're not so different and won't break up with me' ?" She stands up and crosses her arms. "Um.. okay, I don't know how to say this..." I fumble over my words. "Wait, did you and Jack have a thing?!" "No, no absolutely not...look I don't know how to say this but-" "Just spit it out, May!" She states in aggravation. "Okay, so I may or may not have found out that Jack's been in love with me since 2nd grade...and I'm almost positive he asked you out to the carnival just to try and make me jealous." "That explains why Jack wasn't being all 'boyfriend goals' like Sam..." She sighs and sits beside me once more, "I'm such an idiot." "No, you're not. You just want to be happy." "Thanks, May. I'm glad to have a true friend...everyone else just likes me because I'm with Jack. Well, that and the fact that I got the slutty reputation for sleeping with guys that convinced me they care about me. I mean, the entire basketball team, minus the ones downstairs, tried to sleep with me...at ONE party." "Question. Have you and G done it?" I ask and she shakes her head, "I'm afraid if I do, he'll just throw me away like everyone else." "Well let's make sure that doesn't happen." I grab her hand and we both smile. I drag her downstairs and the boys turn to look at us. "We're going to the grocery store. If you plan on being at dinner, get your asses in the shower and clean clothes." I demand as I grab my jacket. "Yes, ma'am." They let out, all getting up and heading towards various bathrooms in the house. "Clean clothes!" I shut the door behind us and Angela laughs, "You've got those boys whipped into shape. I'm impressed." "It's a gift. Kinda helps that Sam's my boyfriend, and I've been friends with all of them since I was 5." I respond as we climb in my car and she nods, "Yup. I guess it also helps that Jack would do anything to be with you." "Ang, can we please not talk about this anymore? I'm with Sam, you're with Jack." "Yeah, but for how long? I could never amount up to you. Good grades, volleyball captain, basketball team manager, probably gonna be valedictorian, and most likely to be successful." "Don't worry about that. Everything will be ok." "But if it's not I still have you." She adds and I nod, "Definitely."

When we get back home, the boys are all standing around the kitchen. "Where's the food?" Nate groans, closing the fridge. "Um, right here?" Angela says, holding up the bags. "Now get out of here so we can cook it." I shoo the boys away and Sam pouts. "Gimme kiss. Our lips haven't touched in forever." He points to his lips and I sigh before kissing him lightly, "Now go." I push him out of the kitchen and smile at Angela. "Let's get to work."

We made Chicken Parmesan and I forced Swazz and Sam to set the table. "Okay, table's set. Can we eat now?" Johnson asks and I roll my eyes. "Did you set out the water glasses and the wine glasses?" Angela takes charge and I smirk. I'm teaching her well. "Ummm..which ones are which again?" Swazz asks, holding up a martini glass and a bourbon glass. "Wrong glasses. This is a wine glass, and this is a water glass." Angela states, holding up a water glass and a wine glass. They groan and quickly switch out the glasses. "Can we eat now?" Nate complains. "If you insist." I reply as I begin bringing the food over to the table. We all finally sat down and started eating. "This shit is great May." Jack lets out and I smile, "Actually, Angela made the soup, I made the chicken, and we both worked on the salad." "It's all really good." Mike says. "Thanks." We let out in sync. Everyone starts talking about random shit at school, and Angela and I start talking about her trying out for volleyball. "Yeah, being on the team is really a lot of fun. The girls are great and-" "They're really hot, too." We look at Swazz and he shrugs. "What? It's true." "Can you get your elbows off the table? It's not very good table manners." Angela tells Jack nicely and he rolls his eyes. "Whatever." "Jack, move your elbows." I growl and he jumps, forcing his arms to his sides. "Okay, you're done." Angela states calmly, picking up Jack's plate and dumping it in the trash. "I wasn't done with that." He crosses his arms and stares at her coldly. "Well I'm done with you." "Excuse me?" He scoffs, "You're done with me?" "Yes, Jack. I'm breaking up with you." "That's perfectly fucking fine with me! You're acting like you're my mom, telling me to get my elbows off the table and bitching at my friends for putting the 'wrong glasses' down on the table." "Oh but when Maysun does it it's okay??" She questions. "You're not Maysun! She ran this group way before you were here!" He shouts. "You think I don't know that? You drop to your knees to fulfill her happiness. I'm sorry I'm not your perfect Maysun, Jack! I get it, you love Maysun and I was just a distraction to you!" She yells back. "Everybody lets calm down, huh?" I say, getting up from the table and walking over to them. "You're right, I do love Maysun. And maybe I do become a bitch when it comes to her, but you know what, Angela? No one will ever be good enough for me because she's the only person I want!" A glass shatters and when I turn around to face the table, I see that Sam's gone. "Oh god."