Prologue

Everything begins when a company focusing on gaming technology tried to make a replica of the popular anime in that time «Sword Art Online» or most known as «SAO» and they called this game «The Beginning». Out of more than 1000 players who ask to be «beta testers», only 200 are chosen and the data they got after extensive years of developing, is used to improve the gaming world of today.

Even just before the first launch of the first VRMMORPG «Aincrad», named after the floating castle of SAO, the «Nerve Gear», a helm-like device that was also got the idea from the same anime, and other new PC systems needed to play the said VRMMORPG, was already out-of-stock even though that the prices of those individual things were very expensive.

At first, people doubt the safety of the NerveGear of the real world, as they are scared that the same thing will happen like it the anime SAO. But some people are actually secretly dreaming of it, not properly thinking the real dangers when it happens. The group of companies that joined hands to make this full-dive VRMMORPG a reality, made sure that the NerveGear they made is a safe one and there wouldn't have an incident like in the anime SAO.

My twin brother and I didn't stop pursuing our dreams to have our own copy of a VRMMORPG and the apparatus or devices needed to play it in full-dive. Our parents agreed that they will let us have our own NerveGears if we can maintain our rankings in the Honors Society, a special class section in our school. We promised ourselves that one day, we can also enjoy the fun of gaming in the full drive environment.

It took us two years in earning for the expenses that we need to experience the VRMMORPG we've been dreaming. Last year, we used all our earnings to buy a NerveGear for my brother. And this year, with the help of our parents as a gift for us on our birthday, I got my own.

When I opened the box, I was so excited to see my new pieces of equipment, a helm-like gadget with goggles and headphones and gloves that are connected to the helm goggles. Even though the design is far different from the real NerveGear or even the Amusphere in the SAO anime where the idea was taken of, the main function of the equipment was still the same. It is to detect our neural impulses and transmit our movement into the virtual world. The essential part of course of our NerveGear was in the headset with all the necessary sensors.

After I plugged in all the equipment in their proper places in my laptop and done installed of the application for the game I've chosen to play.

Downloading file....

85%...

90%...

95%...

100%

...Downloading Complete...

I got the notification on the screen of my laptop to put on the equipment and sit comfortably, some prefer lying down too.

As soon as I sit down on the bed while my back is resting on the wall, I put on the gloves and the helm-goggles they adjusted comfortably on my hands and face.

"Game Start!"

I feel nervous at first because it was pitch black but then it doesn't take long when I saw a message on my visor.

...Start Loading Reference...

...Starting Game...

_______________

[Welcome]
_______________

Then, flashes of lights came across and the checking whether my senses where properly transmitted through the gadget started.

As everything went properly safe, another message pop up on my visor.

_______________

[Iruna Online]
_______________

Then a voice of a young maiden can be heard as a welcome for the new adventurers

"Long ago, the fantasy world of Iruna was created by the 12 gods of Iruna.

Since the long conflict of the gods, the four groups Hume, Diel, Cule, and Elf now fight for their countries.

Your journey begins here."

~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Iruna Online or SAO

This story was just inspired by a game Iruna Online MMORPG that I've played before and loved so much, and thus this story includes my own adventure and precious memories in the said game.

Iruna Online is a wonderful fantasy-based 3D MMORPG game developed by ASOMIBO, Inc.

If you're interested in the game, check it out in the Play Store or App Store.

Oh well, happy reading~ 😉

KX~

Iruna Online VRMMORPGOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara