Chapter 17

Thomas's Point of View.

"W.I.C.K.ED has attacked twice now?" I asked to the annoying of Marcus.

He nodded with his drink on hand. "Yes. Janson has being recruiting people. Young people. They don't care if they aren't inmunes. Weird."

I looked at Jorge. "They're more desperate than the last time. We blew all of their bases and if my memory doesn't fail, they only have one facility left."

"Yes. Indeed. But I heard that they're guarding it with their lives. 24/7 watch and they check everything." Marcus pointed out.

I sat on his low-life couch. "They want to comeback. For them, this isn't game over. They want their big finale."

"They have killed 40 over the last days. They'll kill till they want to." Marcus sighed.

I looked at Minho. "They're taking everyone's lives now. They want us to face them. To be the heroes we are."

He huffed. "They know who we are. They know that we'll try to save anyone. Not just Newt."

"Many people has talked about you all. They need you." Marcus smiled maliciously.

I gave him a glare. I never liked him.

Brenda looked at her gun. "We can't just rescue Newt. They won't stop, Thomas. We need to kill the ones behind this."

Marcus laughed. "That's the problem, you see." He looked at me and Mark. "They have shouted that they won't stop till their Original Founders are dead."

I looked at Jorge. "Great. What do we do know?"

He was in deep thought. "Call Vince. That's what we can do. And train."

"We have the supernatural." Minho pointed out as an advantage.

"And they have Newt's wolf. And who knows? Maybe even more werewolves and aliens. They won't kill Newt, that would be stupid of them. They want a war. They're getting prepared. We should too." Jorge explained.

I sighed. "Call Vince and try to fight? We already did that. And ended up badly." I looked at Jorge. "I'm not saying not to call Vince. But we should train the people, don't you think?"

"Like Lawrence did back in the Last City?" Minho asked.

I nodded. "We are their heroes. We defeated W.I.C.K.ED, we are their only hope. We'll double that. And try to save as many lives as we can in the process. We have an advantage. The Original Founders. Me and Mark know how W.I.C.K.E.D works. We made it."

Mark nodded. "Thomas taught Janson. I made the security system. I can breach it again. And Thomas can train you all."

That's when Scott spoke. "Wait. You want to fight a giant organization that has all the resources possible and it's not scare to kill people?"

We nodded. And I sighed. "We already did it before, Scotty boy. "

Scott was finishing ranting. "They're mad! They're insane! They're--you have to be mad to think you can win!"

Mark gave a joyful laugh. Making me believe that the Flare was getting to him. "If you forgot, wolfe. Me and Thomas made W.I.C.K.E.D and if they're mad and if they're insane. We're the double."

"Well, back when W.I.C.K.E.D was made, we never meant this. So, what I think Mark is trying to say, is that. We know how it works, Ava died and now Janson is in power but Ava didn't tell him all of our secrets. We still have the upper hand." I explained.

Marcus smiled at me. "I know someone inside W.I.C.K.E.D, I can call him out for a favor. Bu I'll need something from all of you."

I crossed my arms. "What?"