Chapter 1

"I don't want to Mommy!" I said to my mom as she pushed me toward the colorful playground where the other children were happily playing. I was a shy child at the age of 6. Moving to a new town where I didn't know anybody was tough on me.  

"You'll never make friends if you don't put any effort in it!" She was right. As young as I was, this was an obvious fact. I swallowed my pride and walked into the jungle of kids.  

The first kid I saw was a boy, a good 6 inches taller than me, dribbling a basketball. Since I played basketball also I figured it would be a good start. I nervously tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention.  

"Excuse me, can I play?" I asked as politely as I could. He looked at me in a strange way before he spat out, "Girls don't play basketball." and turned back around. Now angry, I tapped his shoulder harder and stared him in the eyes. 

"I've played basketball with my brother since I can remember, and I bet I could beat you in a game of pig." I said in a cocky tone. By now many of the other children had stopped to watch how the fight would turn out.  

"You're joking right? There is no way you could beat me! But fine, I'll try not to hurt your feelings too much." This boy did not know what he had coming. 

---Two hours later--- 

"Come on, it's still tied at P and we're hungry and tired, just give up Aaron." One of the boy's friends yelled. He was right. I was drenched in sweat, and tired, but there was no way I was giving up. 

Suddenly a lady walked on the court. "Aaron it's time to come home. Tell everybody bye now." 

He looked at me with a defeated half smile and surprised me by saying, "Maybe we should just be friends. I'm Aaron. You are pretty good at basketball, especially for a girl. Same time tomorrow?" I was shocked. I thought this kid hated me. Little did I know it was the start to the greatest friendship I'd ever have.

"I'm Maggie, and yeah, same time tomorrow.."  

----AN.--!!! 

I'm new to this, cut me some slack. Message me with your (hopefully constructive) criticism. And I'm doing this with an iPhone and it's not edited yet, so cut me some slack there too:) The other chapters will be in her teenage years, and longer too. Hope you enjoy!