03 • Idiot

Yuna was at home

Yuna was at home. She laid on her bed and stared at the ceiling. She examined the cracks in an attempt to take her mind off what happened that day. Her thoughts went back to the whole incident. She felt her bangs fall to her face and a grunt escaped her lips. "This whole situation was absolute bullshit. I can't believe it happened," She muttered to herself.

Yuna felt a tear roll down her cheek, but quickly wiped it away. She glanced over at the manga sitting on her bed. She teared a page and crumpled it up, and tossed it in the garbage. She did it out of frustration. "Stupid manga. Life isn't as perfect as it is in stories. It's all fictional." She continued to do the same action again and again. There was now a bucket full of crumpled pieces of paper.

"It was a waste of money anyway..."

Yuna heard a knock on her bedroom door. She quickly wiped her tears  opened it, and saw her father standing there with a grim look on his face. A wave of guilt hit her, but she ignored it. "Dinner is ready, come down."

There was white rice, along with fish as the main dish, cooked vegetables and some miso soup. It was a lot of cooking. Clearly more than enough. "Is someone coming over?" Yuna asked as she sat in her chair. She put a bite of her food and quickly gulped it down. Her stomach was churning, because she was really hungry. She didn't eat much that day.

"Oh? Your mother is coming for the night. The hospital said she's been doing well, so she could stay with us tonight," Mr.Fukushima replied as he took another bite of his rice. Tuna dropped her chopstick.

"Wait really? She's coming over? But of all times, why now..." Her voice trailed off. She's definitely going to be so disappointed.

Don't worry, I won't tell her. Besides, by midterm exams, they'll put you back after they see how high your marks are. You're really smart," He said.

"I guess. I just don't know what to expect! These kids are delinquents! Kids who hurt each other for fun. Kids who don't care about school. They're just a bunch of losers," Yuna said, "I don't understand why the mother hated me so much anyway to put me there. She called us poor..and said we didn't deserve to be there." She continued to ramble on, but didn't care. She felt tears at the edge of her eyes.

Her father placed his hand on her shoulder and held her face. She looked up in surprise. "Listen, it's not your fault. It's my fault for forcing you to be such a perfectionist. I didn't want you to make the same mistakes I made when I was your age," Mr. Fukushima said, "You're really smart! Even if you don't believe. Don't beat yourself up over one small mistake." He gave her a reassuring smile.

Yuna didn't bother to hold back her tears, she let fall. They streamed down her face. She wasn't able to say anything after that. I'm stupid! I'm the reason why he's like this. After a while, she finally managed to stop crying. Her eyes were red and her cheeks were stained with tears. "Thank you for the food. If you'll excuse I'm going to use the washroom," She said.

***

The red-haired male was walking with his friends from the cafe. They decided to grab something to drink after the movie, even though it was pretty late. They were both hungry anyway. He finished the rest of his drink and tossed it.

   "Did you hear that we're getting a new student starting tomorrow?" The green-haired girl said as she took another sip of her drink.

"We get a new student every day. They always come to kill koro-sensei. I don't understand how this is any different," The red-haired male said as he placed his arm around his neck, "Man that drink really hit the spot! We should come here again.

"That's true, but I also heard that the student we're getting is from A Class," The green-haired female added.

"An A Class student dropping all the way to E Class? Are they even allowed to do that? If word gets out about koro-sensei, we'll never be able to kill him." The blue-haired male said.

"Nobody is going to believe them anyway. From what I can tell, all the other staff except the principal believes that Karasama is our teacher. Besides, when they hear about the prize money. No way they'd want that to go to waste. Everyone from A Class are prideful, greedy jerks," The red-haired male grinned, "This makes everything more interesting. I can't wait to see how things turn out."