Prologue

Robin needed to make his choice soon and perhaps the coming minutes would help him decide.

As he entered the Mountain he was 'greeted' from the Boy of Steel.

"Well look who came, it's the traitor!"

Robin was in uniform and as he looked down the whites of his mask narrowed into slits. The whole team was present which made it even worse. Connor was about as mad as Wally while Kaldur stood against the wall with an angry look on his face. The girls were a little ways off but Artemis looked absolutely livid. 

But M'gann's anger has gradually lessened day by day. Because of her abilities, she's been able to see into his mind to see what his reason actually was in the failsafe, which has taken a few days due to his severely closed-off mind, and now her slightly angry expression turns into one of sadness and guilt.

"Robin..." whispered M'gann mournfully. All he went through in his short life and the reasons for his choices... 

Robin kept his gaze trained on the ground as he walked past his 'team' unaware of what M'gann has seen over the past few days and headed towards the debriefing room where he was sure Batman was. He has most certainly made up his choice now. But then he was stopped by Wally's voice.

"What, you got nothing to say for yourself? Becoming all doom and gloom like Batman himself?"

That did it for him. Robin turned around sharply and faced his 'best friend' with a snarl on his face. The Boy Wonder made no sound but his expression and stance was enough to make everyone step back. Wally had shock and slight pain in his eyes.

He... Wally was offended!

Robin opened his mouth, likely to say something harsh that they actually deserve, when he was stopped by another voice coming into the room.

Batman...

"Robin. That's enough. We need to go now... they've found him."

Robin's expressions morphed like a speeding train in front of his team but Wally caught on to read all of them and despite the anger, displaced anger, he felt concern bubble up in him as the young bird's face changed from anger. To shock. To deep sadness. And finally... to intense determination.

Robin quickly spun on his heels and brushed past his mentor, slightly pushing him. The young team had bated breath because no one does that to the Batman. However he merely stood aside and followed his young protégé out of the Cave. Which led the team to wonder:

"What the heck did we just witness?"