For You

This is my 'thank you' to all of you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Dude there is no way I would ever abandon you! You're my brother Rob..."

A small sigh escapes my lips and I close my eyes.

A storm was brewing all day. And it looks like it's almost here.

"You knew... you knew all along why we were really here..."

There's a tremble of thunder not far off. The storm is getting closer. But I don't want to leave... not yet.

"Got nothing to say? Becoming all doom and gloom like Batman himself?"

The wind suddenly picks up. It's like it is trying to blow me away. But I'm not going anywhere.

"You're a traitor! You didn't care what happened to us!"

Rain starts to fall. It dribbles in perfect time with my own tears, sweetness of the rain mixing with the salty tears upon my lips.

"You know what Robin? Just go away, no one needs you here. No one wants you here!"

I close my eyes tighter, wishing the flow of memories would just stop.

"Batman! A sniper-- gah!!"

A loud crash of thunder bellows right above me and I shoot my eyes open just in time to see lightning illuminate the old plot of land. And just enough to clearly see the two tall stones.

But I still don't leave, even as the sky rages a war right above me.

The storm is so strong... it doesn't seem like there is an end in sight.

But then...

"Rob... I'm so sorry."

The storm suddenly stops and I feel a strong hand on my shoulder. And my best friend beside me.

As I look at my parent's graves... I don't feel alone anymore. Things are... better now.

I look towards the closest tree and see a family of birds. The adults are drying their feathers while the babies already beg for food.

They continue their lives as if that storm was just a mere sprinkle.

As I watch them I can't help but smile.