1. Is my ship sailing?

The story will be in Katherine's P.O.V, unless stated otherwise.

"Get up, Get up, Get up!," my bed shook as my little sister, Emily jumped on it

"Figh moo minus," I said, burying my head in the pillow.

"Mommy said you'll be late for school," Em replied, sitting on my back.

"Get off me, I can't breathe," I shouted, my voice muffled by the pillow and the words coming out distorted. That is just a better version of what came out.

"Uh oh. But promise me you won't tickle me when I get off?"

"Okay okay okay."

"Okey-dokey," she said getting off and running out of the room.

"Oh God," I said to myself, turning around and lying on my back. I stared up at the ceiling for a while, then rolled over to grab my phone from the side table. I had four messages. I opened them one by one.

The first one was from Evan:

@Evan1R: Good morning!!! ^_^

A wide smile made it's way onto my face and I quickly typed off a reply.

@KatyLizP: Good morning to you too!! <3

Exiting his chat box, I moved over to the next message from Laura:

@Lauralol: I don't want to come to school .-.

@KatyLizP: You're coming, I hate school without you.

The other two were from random people from my class, asking me about the homework, so I decided to ignore them. 

Yes, I'm mean like that.

I closed my phone and threw it on the bed, not before sending Shane a quick Good morning. I moved over to my closet and rummaged around in the mess to look for a suitable outfit. My room wasn't too big; just big enough for me and Emily. It had a dressing table in front of a bed with a closet at the side. In one corner of the room were a few shelved where I kept my books and other stuff and Em kept her stuffed toys. Her bed was in the other corner and we shared an attached bedroom with our brother, Tyler.

Speaking of him, I remembered that if I did not hurry, he'll leave me here and drive to school alone. So I quickly got out of my pyjamas and changed into a black tank top, with black ripped jeans. Putting on laced boots, I walked over to the mirror and plugged in my curling iron, setting off to work at my hair.

Although I have straight hair, I prefer to keep them curled most of the time. Makes me look good.

When I was done, I grabbed my jacket from the closet and ran downstairs.

"Good morning," I said to my mom who laid a glass of milkshake in front of me.

"Morning. Why are you in such a good mood today?," my mom asked, whilst braiding Em's hair, who was talking to her stuffed monkey; Popo.