9. Shut up, we're not a couple

I've been staring at Evan's profile photo for what seems like hours now while the others talk about the carnival in town

I've been staring at Evan's profile photo for what seems like hours now while the others talk about the carnival in town. Ever since I unfollowed him (which was only yesterday), I've been missing him. And I don't even have any photos of him to keep me company.

How depressed am I?

"Give this to me," Aiden plucked my phone out of my hands and raised it to his height level, so I was unable to reach it.

"Hey. What is your problem?," I complained, trying to grab my phone.

"My problem? My problem is him and how he's affecting you. Amelia has been saying something to you but you're too whipped to notice."

I sighed; glaring at him before turning my attention to Mia.

"What is it Mia?,"

"You're coming with us to the carnival," she stated.

"Like hell I am."

"It's the last day of it in town. We're all going. It will be so much fun," she tried to convince me.

"There are no questions asked. Katy's coming. Ty will make sure of it," Nat announced.

I was about to protest but was cut off by Will approaching our table, "Katy. Its been days since you sang here. People are asking for you."

"I'm so sorry Will. But I can't...."

"She'll sing today," Aiden interrupted.

"You don't get to decide for me Connors," I told him.

"You'll sing today. You can't keep putting this off," he said before turning to Will. "She'll sing. You go set up."

"What the hell is your problem?," I shouted at Aiden.

"I'll help you, okay? I'll sing with you. But you can't leave this. It's what you do."

"Aiden....," I started as he pulled me towards the stage.

"Look at me," he said, cupping my face. "I haven't heard you sing but I'm pretty sure you're amazing at it. You shouldn't let a guy shatter your confidence. Him rejecting you, doesn't make you any less of who you are. It doesn't make you inferior. Stop being so insecure. Just follow my lead, okay?"

"Okay," I replied, dazed.

Giving me a reassuring smile, he made his way to one of the stools on the stage. Grabbing a guitar, he started playing and was soon singing along the words. His eyes travelled towards me and he gestured for me come forward.

I was a bit reluctant but still, I moved over to the mic and took a deep breath before starting to sing. The words flowed out easily this time and I closed me eyes in relief; smiling as i sang.

As the song came to an end, I opened my eyes and saw Aiden looking at me with a huge grin plastered on his face. My friends stood up and started clapping and I did a little curtsy in return; giggling.