Chapter 5: I Have a Plan

Up there ^^ or on the side >> is Delilah

Hunter Amir Moon

I watched as my mate fell to the ground and started shifting into a... DEMON WOLF? Without hesitation, the Demon wolf ran into the woods and disappeared soon after. 

I looked at her parents, speechless, who also watched her run to the woods with worry.

"How- how long has she been--" I trailed off, lost for words at this point. 

"She was born with it." her father said as he rolled his eyes and walked away, back inside the house. 

"You must not be sacred of her.. She really tries to keep her Demon in check, but I can just imagine how hard it is for her... I would know! I'm a hybrid myself, yet, her's has always been more defiant and stronger than the ones i possess.."North's mum said, rambling on by the end of her sentence. I could tell she was a little shaken.

"I'm not scared Mrs Parker, If anything, I'm just worried for her now." I said truthfully, she looked up at me and smiled. I smiled back and pushed the wheel chair back into the party and just stood there, next to North's mother and her friends for the rest of the night. Joining in with their conversation, every once in a while. Trying to distract myself from my forever growing worry over my mate. 

After a while, I suddenly I felt a presence in my head, it was either a pack member or North... 

'Hunter!' I heard my mate screem, with such fear, my wolf went ballistic. I quickly cut into Mrs Parker's conversation.

"Mrs Parker, I think North's in danger." I said, internally fighting my wolf for control.

"Ace!" She yelled, her face now pale with worry. 

"Go find her, we'll follow, you're the only who will be able to catch onto her scent quick enough." she said quickly. Without another word, I ran out the door, trying to find my mate.

--

I followed her strong sent to a clearing, dead bodies and blood everywhere. It didn't take long till my eyes found her, still in wolf form. Although, even a fool could've seen it wasn't really North. Her eyes were glowing and Demon was growling at every step closer I took. Slowly, I kept getting closer, I watch as the Demon visibly calmed as my scent must've indicated I wasn't a threat. The demon took her eyes off of my wolf and looked around, scanning the trees and bushes that surrounded us. With one last glance back at me,  the demon shifted, turning back into North's human figure.

I ran over to her, holding her naked woman, blood pouring out of the many deep wounds on her leg. I looked around and started howled at the glowing moon. My poor mate. 

--

Her Father soon joined me in the clearing, yelling and pack members but to me, everything was just a blur. All I could think about, all I could hear and focus on was her and the uneven breaths leaving her body. Her once pale skin was covered in scratches and some small gashes, a trail of blood lead down every one of them. Her hair was mattered with mud, dirt and sweat but I could still see her beauty. 

I felt my wolf's disappointment in me as we laid her onto the clean white hospital bed that met us once we had gotten back. Everything was like an echo as we watched her being taken away to a hospital room away from me, from my wolf and I. As she left, the slight squeaking of the hospital bed wheels haunted my brain as we sat in the dim waiting room. Alone with our thoughts as her parents waited by the door.