||Mick Jagger||

'The Sadness In Her Eyes.'

[Another school AU because those are always fun to write. This is when the reader is shy, smol, happens to have a crush on Mick, and feels heavily rejected, and Keef just happens to notice (so of course he tells Mick) It also takes place in the 50's.]

It was a day like any other. Kids crowded the halls. Some of them talked with their friends and cluttered up the hallways. Others were talking with their signifigant others or making out with them (And trying not to get caught), either of those things were very common. Everyone else was bustling about in the halls and all scrambling about to get to class, even though they would be 5 minutes early. 

It was chaotic, so frantically hectic, and insane. It was just everyday life. 

All around you, you could see fellow peers with ordinary, unsatisfactory futures. They were running an endless rat race called life. None of them were clever enough to break free from the track and do their own thing. Almost everyone in the school would go onto collage or a university. They would graduate, make six figure paychecks, marry, have children, and die happily amongst family. 

How boring. There's gotta be something more to life than that.

Those were the types of thoughts you had while you studied your fellow peers. You loved to watch them, to take notes of them, study their behavior, and you actually learned a lot about them. It was interesting they way you watched people like anyone would a telly. It was almost like society as a whole was inside a great big box, and you were looking into it, interested, but not apart of it.

You were quiet about everything, and disliked talking to people. You were smart, but not that smart. You weren't that pretty, but you were at least unique. You didn't act like everyone else, you were an individual person. Your eyes often looked like they were vaccant, while your mouth hung open slightly. That's when you were in deep thought, but for those who didn't know you and didn't know what that meant, they thought that you were on acid, or you were seeing ghosts. They loved to tease you for that, but thankfully that didn't happen too often. 

After a few first slow hours of the day, and more thinking, it was time for lunch. You hated lunch. There wasn't anyone to sit by. You did have one friend, but since the lunches were split up between 1st lunch and 2nd lunch, you (of course) had to be in a different lunch than your other friend. At least there was your spot in the courtyard. It was next to a rosebush. Rosebushes were attractive and yet hurt when you touched them. You liked that about the rosebush. You liked that they were so beautiful and yet so painful. Maybe that was a lot like life. Life was beautiful too, and it hurt just as much. 

You walked up to the crabby lunch ladies and cringed as they dumped steaming hot soup into your bowl. They also gave you a doughy biscuit and some lukewarm milk. If you didn't finish your milk before the lunch period was over, the lunch ladies would slap you on the wrist (and from what you've heard, it hurt), and force you to drink the rest of your milk. It made you feel bad towards those who hated milk. They must've lived a dreadful school life. 

After getting your meal, you quickly made your way towards the rose bush. You were thinking and was a little zoned out when you almost ran into him.

"Eep!" You squeaked and held onto your lunch tray twice as hard. Looking up slowly at him, you muttered a quiet "Sorry."

"No, no, I'm sorry," He gave you a quick smile before walking past you to go to his large group of friends. He didn't seem to give you a second thought. He treated you like you were just another unimportant person in his life. He didn't even care about you, and hardly even knew who you were. He wore his hair down long and wavy, a bold move for a schoolboy. He made his school clothes look good (However he didn't come close in comparison when it came to Brian Jones and how he wore his). He was honestly one of the only actually good looking boys that went to your secondary school (There were few exceptions though). He was your crush, and he never even acknowledged your existence.