Prologue

My clock is something I don't pay the most attention to. I actually haven't checked it for weeks. It's stranger than most, too. Instead of the normal display of weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds, it only shows hours. I know I'm not the only one who has to deal with this dilemma, but that doesn't mean that it's necessarily common. Usually, when people learn that I don't pay any attention to my clock whatsoever, they go straight to thinking that I dislike the possibility of a soulmate, but that's completely incorrect.

Well, partially, anyway.

I could care less about whether or not I actually do end up meeting my soulmate. Yeah, if I were to actually meet them I would soon turn into some clingy bastard, but nothing like that's happened yet, so I'm still the usual me. I'm not desperate like most people, even if I'll be that way if I do meet them.

This usual demeanor makes people confused once they befriend me because I'm just as clingy with them. Almost too clingy, for a matter of fact. I practically never let them leave my eyesight.

Which is probably why I'm sort of a loner.

There's always the fact that I'm a liar and a big tease. I may be desperate for that person's attention, but that doesn't force me to stray from my usual personality. The only thing that's straying away is them, eventually. Maybe this is why I make people come to me. The only problem is that I will meet my soulmate face to face, and we'll approach each other. That's really my only worry, but it'll only happen if I actually meet them.

I am currently 16 years old, and I am going to high school this year. I remember only checking my clock at the halfway mark of last year, and I had 4819 hours till I would meet my soulmate. (I know it seems weird to be just pulling it out of my head like this, but I write it down, even if I don't take the time to decipher how much time that actually is in something other than just hours.) My school life will begin in three days. I still haven't checked my clock yet, but I know I will later today.

Actually, no, I'll do it now.

82 hours.

Wow. I never thought I would have my meeting day be this close, it's almost unreal. I don't even know how to feel about it, really. My clock could always break, and I might not even be able to meet them whatsoever. It's best not to get my hopes up.

But everything will be decided in that timeline. For now, I should go to bed. Time is running short.

A/N:

Sorry for such a short length, it's p much because I can't get into most of the story without this, but I already have a lot of this in my head, so don't fret!                                                                I hecking made like this and a chapter in my head, with even some revising all while taking a shower but i have a lot ready uwu
And sorry if the writing is a little out of order as well! I can't really fix my own works and idk if ill really be able to find someone who can help me,,, but there's always room for beta writers! ^^;

Also, my measure of time is dying inside, sry                                                                                                   And if you want to make a request, comment here! https://my.w.tt/pPNXLnpSuL