School

The next morning, she woke up and yawned. Jet lag was killing her. She put on a simple outfit and fixed her hair so it wasn't frizzy. She twirled in a tiny cloud of perfume and put on a tiny bit of light brown eyeshadow in her creases to draw attention to them. She put a thin line of eyeliner and some mascara before eating a hasty breakfast and going to school.

She was trying to find Adrian but saw Nathanael first. She went up to him. "Hey," she said as she approached while he was facing his locker. He turned to her, his red hair falling over his eyes. In between the fiery strands, his ocean eyes peaked at her. A smile spread across his face with a blush above.

"H-hi, [y/n]. Are you... are you looking for Adrian?"

"Not anymore," she said gently. He blushed and hid it by brushing some of his hair from his face. [Y/n] saw that he had really dark circles around his eyes; she knew that he didn't the day before. "Did you sleep last night?"

He looked away and said, "yYes..." His lie was ruined when he yawned. [Y/n] put a hand to his shoulder and looked at him with concern for a few seconds before dropping her hand and walking with him to class.

When she walked into the room, she was met by a tall, sporty type throwing a bottle into the trash can from across the room. It hit just above the trash can and fell in. He whooped loudly and looked up to meet [y/n]'s eyes. He froze and walked over. Nathanael slipped away, and [y/n] tried to follow, but the guy slid in front of her. "Hey, I'm Kym," he said in a smooth voice. It sounded sort of fake and still wasn't as smooth as Nathanael's.

"I'm [y/n]," she said, deciding to still try to be nice.

"That's a beautiful name, for a beautiful girl." She took a half step back and was saved by the teacher walking in.

"Miss [l/n], welcome. Hmm, there's an empty spot next to Nathanael back there if you'd like to settle in before class starts." She nodded gratefully and carefully walked over to Nathanael.

As she sat down, she realized she was blushing like mad. Nathanael looked up, his sly smile dropping before he looked back down at his hands and fiddled with his pencil. "Somebody have a crush?" he teased, sounding a bit angry at the same time.

"No... I just... I'm really uncomfortable now." He looked over at her, his eyes curious. His mouth was taunt before it loosened to a sad smile.

"I'm sorry. He's a good guy," he said half-heartedly. She still seemed a bit freaked out, and he put his hand over hers. "You're okay," he assured her, his warm hand suddenly intertwined with hers. She smiled and leaned into him, wrapping her arm around his waist.

What was she doing?

"Thank you," she whispered before scooting a few inches away.

Okay, sitting beside each other hug. She doesn't like you; she's affectionate.

About halfway through class, [y/n] noticed Nathanael was asleep. She took his hand and a red pen and drew a little rose on the back of it. She carefully moved his hand back to where it was when she finished.

At the sound of the bell, he woke up slightly. [Y/n] shook his shoulder, but he just tried to push her off. "This is why we sleep, Nathanael," she whispered to him as she tapped on his cheek. He finally woke up completely and blushed. [Y/n] laughed and rolled her eyes before running out of the room. He looked at his hand and decided to chase her down during lunch.

At lunch, [y/n] settled by a tree and ate a little bread while she sketched the Eiffel Tower. She noticed Kym bearing her down again. "Hey," he said in a much more normal voice.

"Hi," she said edgily.

"Sorry if I scared ya, sometimes I forget my own size once in a while," he said with a smile as he scratched his head.

"It's okay," she said immediately.

"Anyways, ugh, I was wondering if you were busy tonight?"

"Umm..." She was saved from answering by Nathanael running up and holding out his rosed hand.

"Why?" he asked, not at all angry, nearly amused.

"Maybe you'll sleep before class next time," she taunted.

"Eh, probably not..." He smiled as she rolled her eyes. She stood on her toes and ruffled his hair. It was really soft, and she wanted to leave her hand there. She felt a desire to put the other hand around his waist and kiss him, but she didn't.

"You're almost as big of dork as Adrian," she teased.

"You wanna fight?" Adrian yelled at her across the plane.

"Hell yeah," she responded. "Nah, actually I might almost 'kill you' again."

"Yeah, you might, Tiny Satan." Kym looked back and forth, confused.

[Y/n] looked over at him with her adorable little smile. "Don't worry about it," she joked. "And don't you start Drama Queen," she snapped to Adrian with a little sass. Nino watched with an entertained expression, probably aware of everything already because of Adrian.

[Y/n] laughed and sat back down in her position. Nathanael sat beside her. Kym trudged away, too embarrassed to ask again, especially in front of Nathanael. The two made easy conversation about nearly everything. [Y/n] felt a connection immediately, wondering if he felt the same one.