Chapter 11

I was planning on introducing Solexion in this chapter, but it didn't exactly happen that way, hope you enjoy it anyways :) I love all the comments, thank you for reading, voting and taking the time to share your opinions with me! Happy reading!

*Sang*

    The familiar floating feeling takes over my body as Luke and I stomp together, our combined energy blooming up and outwards like a cloud surrounding our group. I can hear their voices, the gasps of shock and awe, though they're muffled, like when you try to speak underwater.

    I open my eyes and see into the void, all around me is a rush of color, the blue of the ocean, the brightness of the sun as our molecules speed towards our destination, and I'm taken aback by the difference the distance makes. Usually, I would only stomp to the woods behind town whenever I had to do the shopping, taking any and all measures to avoid riding the bus with the handsy driver who had begun to take an interest in me.

    My stomach revolts at the memory of how this particular power came about, I had been so afraid.

    "Hey there girly, ain't you the one that always rides my bus on Thursdays?" The familiar looking man asks, stumbling from the bar I was passing and slurring his words. My nose scrunches when I smell the harsh stench of alcohol surrounding him.

I'd just gotten into town for a special trip, it was Ollie's 2nd birthday next week and I wanted to get him a new toy monster truck, prolonging my trip into town that day. However, the lady of the house had deemed me in need of a special punishment this morning, apparently I had been speaking too often and spreading whore's words recently, whatever that means.

My hand grazes the skin of my throat, recalling the burning feeling that had followed the new drink she'd made me, even now it hurts to much to speak or even swallow.

A dirty hand grabs my arm harshly and I'm reminded that I'm not alone, the familiar sounding drunk man angry now from being ignored. "I asked you a question, Bitch!"

Shaking in fear, I glance up at his face, with its ruddy complexion and beady eyes I recognize him immediately as the handsy day-shift driver from the city bus. "S-Sorry, yes I ride the bus," I tell him, hoping maybe if I just answer his questions, he'll leave me alone.

Of course, my luck isn't that good, although he does seem to calm some when I speak. "Well now, she does speak, but what the fuck ish wrong wish your voish?" He slurs again, leering towards me with a strange smile and my stomach drops.

I go to answer him when he waves his hand dismissively."Shnever mind, I don' really give a shit," something seems to flash in those alcohol glazed eyes as he grabs my arms again, pulling me into his sweaty body even as I fight to escape, leaning down to whisper into my ear. "If you can't even talk snormal, then you can't scream neither." My body freezes before I take up renewed fighting to get away from him, terror overtaking my senses as he shakes with a malicious kind of laughter that sends chills down my spine.

His hand rip at the buttons of my favorite shirt, sending them flying as he scratches at me, overpowering me with his size despite his intoxicated state and I begin to panic.

"No!" I scream, hoping against hope that someone will hear me, but o my everlasting horror, no one does.

"You and me girly, we're gonna have shome fun," he says as he reaches for my skirt and I feel my whole body light from the inside out and my heart races when suddenly, and I close my eyes in prayer for a miracle to save me from this nightmare.

Then suddenly everything is silent. For a moment I wondered if I had simply blacked out, but when my eyes opened I saw I was in my safe place, deep in the woods near my house and the man was nowhere to be found. Then I thought I'd imagined the whole thing, maybe I'd had a psychotic break or something, only my blouse was still torn, and my arms were forming hand shaped bruises where he'd grabbed me. Slowly I come to the realization that just when I'd needed it most, like with my precognitive gift, some sort of teleportation power had manifested within me to save me from that man.