Chapter 7 Hellfire

Cinder

"Get up." A boot collided with my side and I woke clutching my body. I was hauled to my feet. My throat parched and my hair tangled with dirt and grime and who-knows-what.

"Erin." I perked up at the sound of a familiar voice.

"Chronos." I couldn't hide my relief as we waltzed into the room, wearing a fine white suit.

He barely gave me a glance as he stared Erin down.

"White? An unfortunate choice." Erin balanced a hand on her hip, her lips tilted in a sparkling grin.

"It could be." He stopped a few metres from her. "Unless everything runs smoothly."

"Let's make things clear." She reached out her hand, taking a fist full of my shirt in her grasp. Her nails scratched my skin and I winced. "I will hand over your precious child, if you give me a title."

"You know I don't have the authority."

"Yet." She snapped. "Become King and I will let you leave with her."

He shoved his hands in his pockets. "You think by saying a simple yes I can acclaim a whole dimension? I have to fight for it."

"Well." Erin dug her nails deeper and I bit my lip. "Is she worth fighting for?"

"Absolutely." He retrieved two knives from his pockets, propelling them towards Erin.

With the swing of her tail she repelled the knives.

I used the opportunity and kicked her in the knee. She wailed.

I felt her tail rope around my ankle. I screamed as I was lifted off my feet and towards Chronos. He caught me in his arms.

"Get back!" He pushed me behind him.

I fell to the cold floor hard, looking up to watch him throw balls of hellfire at Erin and her demon accomplices. The fire seemed to pour from his skin as he unleashed a fire hotter than I had ever felt. It radiated off him and melted through the floor below the demons. Sending them falling to their demise.

I was kind of afraid as Chronos, clenching his fists turned around to face me; his eyes blue, along with the halo of molten fire in an aura around him.

Closing his eyes the fire slowly dulled to an orange flame until he was left standing in his pristine as ever suit.

"Get up." He approached me.

If I was hoping for joy I wasn't getting anything.

"My feet-" I began as Chronos wordlessly lifted me into his arms. He was pissed.

He carried me out of the building and to his Benz idling beside the footpath. He even buckled my seatbelt in the passenger seat. He slammed his door hard as he merged onto the road with screeching tyres.

"Are you glad to see me?" My voice sounded louder in the silence between us.

"I am overjoyed to see my Achilles heel." He replied gruffly. "I gave you one instruction, and you disobeyed me."

"I'm not a child."

"You are compared to me." He met my gaze, his brown eyes just as fiery as earlier. "You could've gotten yourself killed. Not to mention your friends."

I gaped. "We have to go back."

"Last time I checked you didn't have nine lives."

"I'm serious. Leon and Morgan and...We have to go back!" I begged.