~20~

⚠️🎧🎧⬆️

music creds to yt: uyunmin

~3 Years After Separation~

Amanda remembered how much she had liked coffee as a teenager. She and her brother used to always walk down the street where he would order an almond croissant, hot chocolate, and she would get herself an iced coffee.

After she returned to Korea, all she set her mind to was finding her brother and learning how to live again. She used her artistic abilities to draw a picture of her brother as old as she remembered him, but she couldn't give that picture a name. She drew as many pictures as she could until she would fall asleep every night. During that year, she found a job as a high school band director and stayed at her old apartment that her and her brother used to share.

But the third year came, and her pregnancy disabled her to move around all of a sudden and she noticed how her stomach was twice the size of what her mother's had been when she was pregnant with her brother.

It wasn't very much later when she realized she was having twins.

Oh, how happy Taehyung would've been if he knew.

How many times had she gone to the kitchen, started brewing some coffee, pulled down two mugs from the cabinet, turned to ask him how he wanted his coffee and then she would just- "Oh."

Eventually she just convinced herself to go to coffee shops more often to avoid the depression following her mistake. That was the most walking she would do, down the street and sitting at the old coffee shop. The thing was she couldn't even walk across the wide band room without groaning after each heavy step.

Everything was the same, except the owner. When she came here 20 years ago, the owner's son was about the same age as her brother but now he was the new owner. As she dug through her purse for her wallet to pay for her bread, she dropped her phone and sighed. Before she could struggle to stoop down and pick it up, another person kneeled down and handed it to her while still on his knees. He looked up at her face and his grip on the phone loosened and his jaw dropped. She assumed it was because of the size of her stomach, regardless she thanked him, took her phone, and was about to walk away when a deep voice called her name.

"Amanda?"

She turned around, the boy stared at her with amazement in his eyes. "Uh, yes?" A happy laugh of relief left his lips.

"Amanda," he repeated. She thought he was insane at first but then her friendly smile disappeared. His name came back to her like all the memories.

"Ji Eun."

He looked down at her stomach and at her face again. She looked at his face and then at his clothes. His clothes looked quite expensive, not the cheap and used type he wore as a child when they barely had enough money to eat, "Wow."

"W-where did you go? It's been 17 years." Of course, he didn't remember. "Ah, of course, what was his name..." her head snapped up as he was snapping his fingers with his eyes closed like he was trying to remember a name.

He couldn't remember, could he?

"Taehyung took you away right?"

Her eyes widened, "You remember?"

"I just remembered about 3 years ago. The memories hit me like a train."

Of course. Yoongi's powers must have faded when he...

She shook her head, blocking out the thought. She stepped forward, gently placing her hand on her younger brother's cheek, admiring how handsome he had grown to become. "You must be 22 years old now right?" He nodded. His eyes looked behind her and he stared past her head like there would be someone following her.

"Is he here?"

"Who?"

Ji Eun smirked and chuckled softly as he spoke, "Who else would I mean? Taehyung, of course."

Her smile disappeared almost immediately and she rested a hand atop her stomach. "It's a long story." Once he saw the seriousness in her eyes, he frowned slightly as well. "He's gone." He looked down at her stomach and back at her face after hearing those words.

"Then how-"

"Like I said," she sighed, her smile slightly reappearing, "It's a long story."

After sitting down and explaining the whole story to him, Ji Eun seemed completely amazed. His palms faced each other and he pressed them against his lips. "Oh, Amanda. I-I had no idea."

She rubbed her stomach, "You couldn't have had any idea, Ji Eun." After a few seconds of silence, he spoke again.

"We never said goodbye. You just disappeared," he muttered, "I thought it was because you didn't want me. Or that you had run off with Taehyung for the sake of leaving me-" he sighed, "I woke up in the hospital, sobbing for you."

"I'm sorry," she held his hands with both of hers, "I only did it to protect you."

He smiled, giving her an affirming comfort that he wasn't angry. He couldn't be angry at her after everything they had both gone through, he could only feel relief after finding what he had lost all those years ago. "I know."

"Did you know that I bought our old apartment?" she mentioned as they were leaving the coffee shop. His eyes brightened.

She offered to bring him back to the apartment to show him around and he accepted the offer. Walking outside, she felt a few drops of water fall on to her head. She looked up, blinking at the sight of the sudden pouring rain.

"Come on, my car is over here," he placed his hand on her back, guiding her to his car. There was a warm comfort when he touched her, it was almost the same comfort she had missed for 17 years. Even when he was a little boy, his hugs were one of the only things she lived for. Sitting in her baby brother's car, she realized that, Taehyung would always have a place in her heart, but she knew he would want her to move on. And she knew it would hurt, she knew it would cost her a part of her sanity, but all her thoughts paused for a moment when she could've sworn she could hear his voice through the radio. At that moment, she realized maybe with time, everything could heal.

•••••••••••

I'm so excited because summer school is gonna end on Friday !! 🙂

If u guys couldn't already tell, I put different versions of The Truth Untold in different settings for some of the girls because I thought it would be so cool and it's probably my favorite song on the album. I tried to match the settings of the songs with the settings of the girls and how they feel and what ended up happening to them.

Happy 4th of July, everyone :)

♻️🐍🌳🎋💚🔋🔫🖼📚🍃📗

7/2/18