Not Expected

I woke up the next morning to the sound snoring and turned my head, confused as to who could possibly be next to me. Gabriel was  lying on the far side of bed, snoring softly with his mouth hanging open. My head was pounding and my throat was so unbelievably dry, but I did not want to get up. Instead I rolled over so that I could check the time on my clock. It was currently 2:47 in the afternoon and sunlight was streaming through my window. I groaned because I knew I would not be able to fall back to sleep now. 

      Last night we all stayed at the water tower until about 3:30 in the morning and then two hours later we pulled up to the house. Micheal and Lucifer had driven back to college, Micheal driving them as Lucifer drank more towards the end than Lucifer. We all called each other once we had gotten to our destinations safely, just to check on one another. However, that call turned into a half hour conversation about random shit as we were all kind of buzzed if not completely drunk, that being me and Lucifer. Micheal and Gabriel had started drinking less and eating more as the night wore on so they were the drivers.

      Even though I was tired, sore, and my head was throbbing from my hangover, I smiled at the thought of last night. I had a great time at Dean's and an even better time with my older brothers and I never realized just how much I needed that distraction. I had texted Dean last night after I got off the phone with Lucifer and Micheal, only remembering because Lucifer told me to tell Dean hi for him. He did not answer me back, or rather if he did I had already passed out long before I could read it. Looking at my phone now, I saw that he had texted me a few times. One saying he was glad that I got home safe, another saying he hoped I had a good time, and the last one seemed to be an afterthought as he decided to wish me a good morning. I texted back good morning before placing my phone back on my dresser.

      I slowly rolled out of bed and went to the bathroom as my bladder was full and my teeth desperately needed brushing. Once I finished brushing my teeth, I realized I had not showered in a few days and decided it would be smart to shower. I went back to my room to grab some jeans and a t-shirt that Lucifer had brought me from his college, along with fresh underwear. I returned to the bathroom and took a boiling hot shower, hoping the warmth would waken me up and refresh me some. Being honest though today would probably consist of me doing homework and watching movies with Gabe, as I think I promised him that during the night at some point.

      After showering and dressing myself, I went into my room and grabbed my bag. I decided to do my work downstairs so that I would not wake up Gabriel and then I could get some food and water too. I picked up an apple out of a bowl on my way to the fridge and practically chugged my water bottle. I sat down at the counter and pulled out my notebook, continuing the essay I was composing for my AP literature class. About halfway through my essay, I heard thudding coming from the stairs and I knew Gabriel was coming. I went to the cabinet and grabbed a cup and filled it with orange juice, handing it to Gabriel as I passed by. "Thanks little brother", he said appreciatively as he ruffled my hair. 

      "So I totally forgot but I'm kinda supposed to work from five until eleven so I need to start heading out", he told me. I glanced at the clock and saw it was almost 4:30. 

      "How does a bakery stay open that late", I asked as I returned my attention back to the notebook.

      "Well it normally isn't but it is on Saturday and Wednesdays so that more time can be spent baking foods for the next day, preparing icings and fondant, as well as collecting inventory and doing finical boring shit", he explained.  I let out a whistle, impressed Gabriel actually put in enough effort to know about that kind of stuff. "Yeah I know, shut up", he mumbled. I chuckled and he grabbed his keys, shouting good bye over his shoulder before leaving. Adding the quarter of the essay I already had finished, I was over three quarters of the way done. I decided to take a break from that and move on to AP biology stuff and an economics research project.