Summer of Qrow the Final Chapter

Summer of Qrow Chapter 5

six weeks have passed

The office of Ozpin at Beacon. Ozpin is sitting at his desk and Qrow stands in front of him

Ozpin: If your mind is made up then, I am sure that we can handle things without you.

Qrow: That's great but I wasn't asking your permission. I have other oligations to tend to.

Ozpin: We do have plenty of allies to help when you are not available. We will have Ironwood and Winter lining up troops to...

Qrow interupts: Winter?! What do you mean?

Ozpin: Well, since you are longer working together; she has taken a position with Ironwood in Atlas. She is going to be an important part of recuiting and training Ironwood's military troops.

Qrow: She DID What!!!

Ozpin: I assumed she had spoken to you. She leaves today but she is supposed to stop by later. Can I assume you don't approve?

Qrow: I don't trust that guy! It's dangerous. She should not be involved.

Ozpin: Would you like me to arrange a meeting so you can....

Qrow interrupting again: No! He turns to storm out and snatches the door open; there stands Winter who was about to knock. He freezes.

Winter: Oh, sorry. I didn't expect anyone else to be here. Professor Ozpin, I have some notes here for you about those things we discussed earlier. Excuse me (to Qrow as she brushes past).

Qrow shuts the door and turns but doesn't move.

Ozpin: Thank you so much my dear. Will you excuse me for a few moments? I will be back shortly and perhaps...there maybe some things that both of you might need to discuss in my absence?

Ozpin exits and closes the door. Both Qrow and Winter remain silent. Finally, Winter breaks

Winter: So, is he right? Is there something we need to discuss?

Qrow: Maybe you could tell me just what you are thinking get involved with Ironwood?

Winter seems genuinely shocked at his reaction. She pauses for a moment, "I don't know what you mean? Since I will no longer be working here, I sought out a new position. What is that to you?"

Qrow: I wanted you to be safe not to align yourself with someone who is sure to put you in harm's way!

Winter: You told me to go home. I will be in Atlas. Atlas is my home. What business is it of yours what I do when I get there? We are no longer partners, she says with a cold tone.

Qrow: You need to stay away from him! You don't have to leave. Just be safe. I don't want to see you hurt...again.

Winter, still with a cold, commanding tone: I am not a child to be ordered around. I can handle myself. I can chose my own path. I don't need your permission. I will be working in Atlas. I leave today and you longer need to concern yourself with my safety.

Qrow: Really? Is that how it is going to be? You dump me to go off with Ironwood? I am taking some personal time myself. I have other oligations...you don't have to run away and hide.

Winter: Hide? I'm not the one who is hiding. I've made up my mind. We are no longer... partners. So, I am moving on....unless(she softens her tone) you have some reason for me to stay?

Qrow sighs and looks at her with pleading, sad eyes: You know how I feel. You don't have to do this! I can't give you what you want, but please, don't GO!

Winter: Something has come up. Will you tell Proffessor Ozpin that I will see him later? Goodbye. She quickly walks out the door.

Qrow sinks to the floor. He whispers quietly to himself, I love you.

When Ozpin returned to the office, he found it empty; only a single black feather remained on the floor.

At the home of Taiyang. The girls rush out to meet their beloved Uncle Qrow. They are excited tell him all about the things they have been doing since they last saw him.

Yang: Uncle Qrow, can you stay a little longer this time? She had asked the question often and he had always gave the same response. But, today was different.

Qrow: You know what Yang? I have a new mission today. One that will let me spend more time here with you all!

Ruby and Yang together: Really!? Really, Uncle Qrow what is it? How long can you stay?

Qrow: Well, my new mission is you! I am going to train with you girls and your Dad.

Ruby and Yang both scream with excitement: Yay! Dad! Dad! Uncle Qrow gets to stay. We get to train with him!

As they run to find Taiyang and give him the good news, he watches them with a sad and longing look. He is full of emotion but he is home.