1. Rejected

Tyler's Point of view

I was happy. My mom and dad, even if they were omega, the lowest in the pack, they loved me unconditionally. But, it all changed one fateful day. It was my 6th birthday. We were returning from my mom's old pack after celebrating my birthday with my maternal grandparents...

10-years ago..

"Is my baby happy?", my mom asked.

" Ya, mommy.", I answered with a smile on my face. "Granny's foods were very tasty. She even made me a pretty birthday cake."

"How far are we honey?", My mom asked my dad.

"Just 15 minutes of run from here towards the south, darling", my dad replied.

Suddenly there was rustling of leaves. We all stood still in our place. My mom hugging me. My dad standing in defense guarding us.

" Rogues daddy?", I asked scared, trembling with fear. Suddenly there was a high pitch sound. It felt like our heads were going to explode.

"Oh god! Hunters..", My dad growled.

"run baby, run, run in this direction.", my mom said pointing towards the south.

"You and daddy?", I asked crying.

"No, baby. But we love you and will always be with you. Remember, we will always be with you. You will find your mate soon and she will always love you. Don't be afraid. Be a strong baby, be strong", My mom said tears rolling down her cheeks.

Suddenly, 3 creepy men in Black coats appeared behind us. They had crossbows and guns. They started to laugh maniacally.

My dad growled and jumped on them, but was shot with an arrow.

"Ahhhhhhhhh.. ", my dad shouted. "It has Wolf's bane."

"Darling.. Nooo..", my mom cried.

"Of course you mutt.", one of the men taunted.

" Tyler.. Run.", my dad screamed.

"Mommy? Come with me.", I cried. "Daddy?"

"You are bad men.", I shouted.

"Ya pup, we are bad for freaks like you.", one of them said, laughing maniacally.

" It's your turn bitch.", the same man said to my mother.

"Tyler, run.", she shifted and jumped on the man biting his leg.

I started to run, with my small legs towards the direction mom showed. Not turning around.

" You stupid bitch!" , I heard behind me. But, I didn't turn. Scared I ran towards south. Never stopping.

"Ahhhhh", my mother's painful scream filled my ears.

I turned around to look. My mom and dad were lying on the ground, lifeless, as the hunters had their boots on them. I was raging like fire. One of them saw me.

"Get that son of a bitch!" , the man shouted.

I turned around and started to run. Never looking back. Suddenly an arrow came flying and pierced my leg. I screamed with pain and fell down. But I didn't stop running. I limped deep into the woods. Hiding behind a bush. Tears were rolling down my eyes, but, not a sound escaped my lips. Crying, I fall asleep.

The next morning I was found by my pack's patrol and taken to the hospital. I was saved. But, my loved ones weren't.

Present..

Today is my 16th birthday. For any normal person, it is supposed to be the best day of the year. But for me, it was the worst. 10 years ago on this very day, I lost both my parents. Still, my blood boils, even thinking about that day. How I wasn't able to save my parents. How I ran like a bloody coward. It gives me pain. After all these years, it still gives me pain. Most of the night I can't sleep. I still have nightmares of that cursed day. They still haunt me. My only friend has been Lucas. Lucas was our beta's son. The beta, Matthew Bernard, was my father's friend. When he found out that what happened with me, they took me in. I have grown up with Lucas. He basically sees me as his own brother. Well, at least I got someone who cared for me.