2. Hunters

Tyler's Point of view

I woke up in my bed. My Head was aching. Body was restless. My heart was like burning in a furnace. Somehow I know this is not from the hangover. My wolf whimpered. I checked the Clock, it's 4 am in the morning. I was having trouble to breathe.

"What the hell is happening to me?", I told myself.

"Mate.", Murphy whimpered. My heart stopped. Is she in danger? Regardless of what she has done, she still is my mate. And I have to protect Her. With this thought, I ran towards Laura's room.

" Ahhhhhh", I heard Laura's scream.

As I was ready to barge into her room I heard a male voice.

"Yes, baby, do you like it?"

"Faster Daniel, faster."

"You feel so good Laura."

"Aiiiyah..."

"Ahhhhhh", the male voice moaned in pleasure.

Whatever hope was clinging to my heart was snatched and it felt like Laura stepped on my heart and stabbed it like it was nothing.

" That's it, I can't take it anymore.", I thought. Here I am feeling My whole body is on fire and she is having an orgasm. I am leaving this cursed, Goddamn pack. I went to my room, I took Out my travel bag and started to pack. I took money, my clothes, a picture of my mom and dad and some regular items.
I took a pen and paper and started writing a note.

Dear Lucas,
I can't take it anymore. Here I am heartbroken on my birthday, and Laura is having 'fun' with her Daniel. This is just unbearable. I can't stop and look my mate to share her bed with another male. I can't take it anymore, Lucas. It feels like my body and heart is on fire. I knew that, if your mate slept with another one it somehow affects you but this is unbearable. Please don't try to find me.
You were there for me when there was no one else. I love you dude and I'll miss you. Please say sorry to aunt and uncle. Thanks for everything you guys have done for me.

Forever yours,
Tyler.

I left the note on my bed. And took my bag and started to run. When I came out, I shifted. I took my bag and in my mouth, between my teeth and ran into the woods, not looking back.

1-year later..

Today is again the goddamn cursed day of my life. My birthday. On my 6th birthday, I lost my parents. On my 16th birthday, my mate rejected me. I think I am the problem. I think I am cursed, that's why.

I have been a rogue, a lone wolf for 1 year. Everytime my mate had made love with her dear Daniel, I have felt it. That burning sensation in my heart. That throbbing in my head. I felt it. I felt everything. But the thing is it made me stronger. Yeah, I have grown stronger. I have lived in the forests for some time. Then I shifted to a city and am completing my education. I work at a bookstore and Bar. Yeah, I am good. But today I am visiting my mom and dad's grave. Again I am returning to that cursed place. As I was walking and reached the border. Two patrol members stopped me. Fortunately, they were Lewis and Carl, two of my friends.

"Tyler?", Lewis asked surprised and looked at Carl.

" Hey, guys how you all doing?", I asked them.

"You son of a bitch", Carl came and punched me in the stomach.

" Ahh... What was that for?", I asked Carl

"You piece of shit, how dare you left us?", Lewis asked.

" Yeah I am fine, thanks", I laughed.

"We missed you dude.", Lewis said.

"So, Lucas is Beta now?", I asked.

" Yes, you piece of shit.", a voice came from behind me.

"Lucas! How are you, man?", I asked excitedly.

He didn't say anything, but he came and slapped me, hard.

"What was that for? What is it with you all and beating me on my birthday?", I asked them caressing my cheek.

Their eyes widened in realization.

"Oh yeah, man. Happy birthday.", Lucas chuckled.

" Happy birthday!", Lewis and Carl wished in unison.

After that, we went to Lucas' home to meet uncle Johnny and aunt Stephanie, Lucas' mom and dad. They were ecstatic. After that, we went to my mom's and dad's grave.I left flowers there. Sat there in silence for some time. And it was time for my return.

As I was saying bye to my friends. I felt a faint smell of Chocolates and orchids. Suddenly again my heart started to burn. My stomach started to twist and body started to ache. My head felt like it was going to explode and I sat on the ground grabbing my chest and head. They realized what was going on.

"That bitch!", Lucas shouted. "If I wasn't the beta I would have ripped her with my own hand. A stupid slut."

After some time I felt a little better.

"So, she is happy? Good", I said. "And don't curse her. This only made me stronger."

They gaped their mouth at me and I smiled.

"You, are something else, Tyler.", Lucas sighed.

" Okay, guys I am heading back. It was nice to see you all after all this time.", I hugged them.

"See you, Tyler", they said in unison.

I was halfway through the forest. When I smelt blood. Suddenly a scream filled the forest.

" Ahhhhhh.."

I ran in the direction of the sound and my head started to ache and a high pitch sound was deafening me. It made me realize what it was, hunters. When I reached there I was horrified to see the scene. 5 wolf laid there lifeless. Two wolves were fighting with 2 hunters and another hunter was in the position to shoot a she-wolf. The vision of my parents screaming came in front of me. I ran towards the Hunter and shifted, with a jump, I dug my teeth into his legs.

" You fucking son of a bitch", he screamed.

At once he shot the arrow on my back. I whimpered in pain but, tore his flesh with my teeth. He took out his knife from the pocket and started to stab me on my back. I was stabbed 3 times and the 4th time, I jumped and grasped his throat and with a swift movement ripped his trachea. He collapsed on the ground, Blood flowing from his throat. A kind of satisfaction washed over me. Before I can turn and see the others wolves, I too collapsed on the ground, my eyes becoming heavy. It must have been the blood loss or the wolf's bane but I felt sleepy.

-----

My head was feeling heavy. I opened my eyes but closed them immediately because of the bright light. I tried again, this time slowly. I was in a room. A huge room. I was lying on a king sized bed with white sheets. The walls were painted sky blue. And the surroundings looked like it had an aristocratic feel.

"Where the fuck am I?", I whispered.

" Oh, so you are awake.", a voice came with someone opening the doors which leads into the room.

Oh shit! I was captured by hunters.