T H R E E

(A/N) Okay, so in this chapter, you will be Introduced to Allen

(A/N) Okay, so in this chapter, you will be Introduced to Allen. I've been writing the other chapters just to tie some knots before the actual story begins. But without further ado, here it is.
So grab some tea, make yourself comfortable, and here we go.
________

I feel like I'm okay. Yes, I need sleep. And yes, I can't eat anymore. But that will get better I think.

I stare at my phone to a text from my dad talking about counseling benefits his work offers, implying that should use them.

My dad worries too much. The same goes for my teachers. Sometimes I do feel absolutely miserable, but that's normal. I'm a teenager, I'm supposed to be miserable. Even though I'm a little different now, I'm okay. Just hurting a bit.

I think that eventually, my heart will get better, and then it won't hurt so much.

But I'm okay.

I don't believe I need counseling. My dad has been suggesting it for a while now. He says that I'm not the same, that I don't smile anymore, and I can't deny that, but I know I can get better on my own.

I walk into my house with this thought in mind. The school day was long, but I didn't pay attention to anything that happened. I was distracted by my thoughts. I run up to my room and drop onto my bed as usual.

My dad doesn't get home till nine, so I don't worry about putting up a wall of happiness and unicorns. I don't know why I bother anyway, he sees through it.

It's not that I can't smile or laugh because I can. It's just that it's rare now, and happens on occasion, and definitely not with my father. He doesn't have a funny bone in his body.

It doesn't help that I'm lonely, all of the time. Every day, I come home to an empty house. There's nothing to listen to but silence.

I go to school and get pity looks rather than hellos. I have no friends anymore, and I'm lonely.

I know that my dad has good reasons to worry about me, but I wish he didn't. His worry makes me worry. And now, I'm worried about myself.

I continue to stare at the ceiling when a ding sounded through the room.

I don't pay much attention to the first or the second, but when the third ding sounded, I become curious.

I slide off my bed and tip-toe my way over the cold floor to my desk. I hit the space bar on my computer and look at my notifications. All three are Instagram. I go onto my Instagram page and read.

Allen. Morris started following you

Allen Morris sent a message

I click on his profile. I know that the chances are it's actually him, but I want to make sure it's not some different Allen Morris. I search through the pictures and immediately find one of him in his football jersey.