Bed rest

Gwen feels like she is going to lose her mind! Here it is yet another Monday and she is still sitting here. She has been on bed rest now for nine weeks and they want her to hold on till her due date. She is literally going to lose her mind with another 10 weeks to go until her due date. She knows this is what's best for her baby. The scare nine weeks ago was enough to keep her in bed now but that didn't mean she liked it or was happy about it. She was allowed to walk from her bed to the couch and to the bathroom. Blake made her move down to the couch before he left to go to set, telling her he did not want her going up and down the stair without him with her. Gwen knew he was right but that didn't make her any less frustrated about it. Mark Burnett had been great about the whole situation and hired her an assistant. So each week she would pick out the 3 outfit options for the four judges along with all the accessories and send them to her assistant. Her assistant would then in turn show the judges and coordinate with Gwen that all the accessories were as she wanted them before getting the outfits to the judges. It had been great for Gwen to actually have something to do while she was cooped up in to house. When Blake comes home he joins her on the couch or in bed, where ever she decided to be before he left. She gets excited every time she hears the gate beep meaning its opening, like she just heard.

"Hey sunshine! How are my two favorite people this afternoon?" Blake says as he walks into the living room planting a kiss on her lips

"We are ok." Gwen says trying to put a smile on for him

"Gwen what's really going on? You know I can see through the fake smile right?" Blake says as the smile fades from her face

"It's just. I feel trapped. I feel like I'm not doing anything. Your cooking, you have a maid doing the cleaning, your going to work, and then there is me sitting on the couch or in bed all day everyday. I feel useless." She says as her eyes fill

"Sunshine you are not useless. You pick out all of the judges outfits for the shows still. So you make not physically go to work but you are still working. And honestly your doing this biggest job of all, your growing our son."

"I know it's a big job it just doesn't feel like it right now, but hearing you say our son and knowing that it isn't just us saying that but that your name will be the one on his birth certificate makes me so happy."

"Yeah that day was huge for us. Sometimes I still feel like it was a dream. To know his rights were terminated and he is sitting in a jail cell for the next year and a half is pretty amazing."

"That was the third best day of my life."

"The third?"

"Yep the first being the day I found out I was having our peanut. The second being the day I met you. And the third being the day we found out that you are legally gonna be his father."
                                                                   ..........................................................................
Since the whole bed rest thing people have been taking turns to come visit her so she isn't bored ALL the time. Today her mom was coming to visit, so when she heard the gate make that familiar beep she began to let herself get excited. She felt like a kid waiting to open Christmas presents Santa had left. She giggled at her self for being so excited to have someone to talk to her and entertain her.

"Hello sweetheart." Pattie says popping her head around the corner to see if Gwen was in there or in bed

"Hi mom! Come on in!" Gwen says with a huge smile on her face

"How are you doing sweetheart? Holding up ok?"

"I'm doing good. Going crazy but good."

"Yeah you have never been one to sit around doing nothing. 9 weeks left right?"