Showing him off

It had been a week since Gwen and Blake had gone out for date night and Gwen was doing really well. She was going to her therapy sessions twice a week and said the therapist had talked about only needing one day a week soon. They couldn't be happier. Today they were loading the plane up and heading to Oklahoma for a week. Only Blake's mom had meet King and it had been a while since even she had seen him. King was now two months old, which means he still wasn't the full gestational age yet, however his pediatrician gave him the all clear to fly just saying that it would be best to feed him during takeoff and landing. Gwen was slightly nervous about the flight and King being so little but she push through. When they sat down in the plane she had made sure she sat as close to Blake as the seatbelts would allow. Feeling him helped her control the feelings of fear. Blake could see the fight going on inside of Gwen and when she plastered herself to him, he stretched his arm around her pulling her even closer.

"Sunshine you doing ok?"

"Yeah just a little bit scared but I'll be ok."

"There nothing to be scared of sunshine he is ok to fly remember?"

"I know. He is just still so little and the hospital isn't exactly close to the ranch if we were to need one for him."

"Gwen he is very healthy and getting stronger everyday. He is gonna be ok I promise."
                                                                ............................................................
Gwen took a breath when the helicopter landed in the ranches back yard. Finally she could relax as they all made it safe. When they stepped out of the helicopter Gwen saw Dot on the porch looking like she was about to run to them. When they made their way toward Dot she seemed to not be able to take it and she began walking toward them.

"Where is my grandson? I am ready to spoil him!" Dot says

"Say right here Grammy." Gwen says

Dot hesitates taking him from Gwen, but she gives her a smile and Dot takes him into her arms.

"Oh my has he gotten cuter? I didn't think it was possible and now he has." Dot says soaking in her grandson

"Well hey mom I love you to. Missed ya." Blake says sarcastically, he really doesn't mind. He actually likes to see this, it's what he had always pictured.

"Y'all are coming to dinner with everyone tonight right?" Dot asks finally taking her eyes off King

"Yeah, that's the plan." Blake answers

"Good! Well I'll give you guys a chance to get settled and see ya at my place for dinner." Dot says handing King back to Gwen

Gwen needs a nap being so tense and fearful all day had made her tired. King was starting to get fussy because he was hungry.

"Blake babe. I'm gonna head up to our room, feed King, and take a nap."

"Ok sunshine. I want to get check on all the animals and such. I'll be back before you wake up."

"Ok sounds good." Blake turned to head off toward the barn but Gwen's voice stopped him. "Cowboy! Where is my kiss? Are you really gonna walk away?"

"Damn pretty girl. I will never give up the chance to kiss you and show you how much I love you." Blake says still not quite back into the normal swing of things since Gwen is better now. He was still used to the Gwen who didn't like or want that kind of contact with him all the time.
...............................................
Blake and Gwen were in the truck on the way to Dots house for dinner. Everyone was gonna be there to see King and if Gwen is being honest she is struggling a little bit with the amount of people who are going to want to hold him.