2.

Richie was on his way to his locker, rolling his eyes every time he looked up just simply at the sight of people. Oh how he hated people. All they did was hate and use and hurt. Felt absolutely no remorse. They all left him alone. Made him a loner. Spread rumors about him.

Richie killed his mother. Richie did cocaine. Richie killed cats in his free time. Once a guy even told the whole school richie gave him a beat down when he came to school covered in bruises. Of course, none of these things were true. Well, besides the cocaine part sometimes. They made him into something he wasn't. When he walked down the halls everyone cowered down.

If no one else cared for him, why should he?

All he's ever had was Bill. He had Bill's friends, too, but not really. He talked to them sometimes when Bill was with him, but he didn't really consider them friends. Just Bill. Oh how he loved Bill. Ever since the 7th grade he loved Bill. Apparently he was good at hiding it because they were still best friends in the 10th grade.

speak of the devil..

"Richie!" Bill ran down the halls, two large books and a binder in his hands, a small string back slung over his shoulders.

Richie spun around, concern filling his eyes at all the stuff Bill was carrying. Bill had missed a week over the flu and had been struggling on catching up in classes. He was glad to have Eddie to help him. It was Monday.

"Here. Let me help you." Bill gladly accepted Richie's help, pouring his science and history book into Richie's empty hands.

"Thank you so much. I thought I was about to literally fall if I held that shit any longer."

No one understood why Bill stuck around Richie especially because he was a freak in everyone's eyes and he knew of what everyone said about him. Bill never believed these things of course.

The two boys made it to Richie's locker where the two met everyday before Richie walked Bill to his class before making his way to the basement where the lunchroom and health class was.

Richie managed to get his locker open with the two books in his arms, almost dropping them once it was open and a paper flew down to the floor. He set the two books on the floor by his locker to pick it up and open it. He'd been getting these letters the whole year.

He thought it was cute. Innocent.

richie,

won't you lend me a handsome boy with the words of a poet and eyes that make the moons reflection upon open waters look pathetic?
-e.

He smiled, his cheeks turning a bright pink. He showed it to bill, like he always had, to which bill always rolled his eyes.

"I wish the person would just tell me who they are. maybe I'd like them and we could be together." Richie sighed, shoving the paper into the top of his locker where the rest of the letters were.

Bill stayed silent, waiting on richie to get his stuff so he could get to class.

Richie got all of his things, managing to hold his stuff and bills two books as he shut the locker and the two went to bill's first class.

They just walked down the stairs and down a hall, which didn't take long. It was long before the two were standing in front of bills history class where Richie poured his books back into his arms. He gave the boy a smile, ruffling his hair up.

"Good luck, bud."

He got a smile in return and a small 'bye' before he was down the stairs to the basement and in the seat of his health class. This class annoyed him. Once the stupid health teacher told him if he starved himself, he'd get fat. Funny coming from this teacher who was not only that but smoked too.

He threw his feet up on the desk in front of his, leaning back in his seat. He didn't come to school much so he didn't know who sat there, but he'd of course move his feet when they came in.

And almost on que, a short boy with slicked back hair and khakis came in and stood over him.

"I sit here." The boy told him cheerfully. He pulled his feet back, almost gagging at the boys cheerfulness.

He gave the boy a look-over. He didn't like the boys neatness or his fanny pack or the polo and khakis he was sporting. He wanted to puke at the sight of this boy. But everyone made him want to puke.

Before he knew it, the school day was over. This surprised him. The school day was always slow and boring, but he always had the end of the day to look forward to when he drove Bill home.

Today bill had tutoring, so he had decided he'd go into the library where it was held and wait.

He bursted through the door, the door banging hard against the library walls. The women at the front desk, Ms. Janice, put a finger to her mouth and shushed him angrily. This made him scoff. "Gay." He laughed at the thought of him talking about himself right now.

He searched the library for Bill and his math tutor, finally finding them at a small table surrounded by books.

He walked over to sit down, throwing his arm over Bills shoulder. "Sup fellow gay boy."

His tutor looked up, giving Richie a hard look. "First off, that's very rude and, second off, we're trying to study for a math test here." Eddie stopped when he realized who it was. Richie.

Richie noticed it to be the weird kid from his health class. uM THIS IS MY sEAt. Now that he had got a better look at him, he was kind of cute. So small and sassy. Cute.

"Just sit and look pretty kid. This is grown up talk." He said to the boy, usually a sarcastic voice that made the small boy huff.

"R-Richie, don't be a dick. He's a nice guy. He's gotten me up to an A in my class."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. Let's get out of here."

Without letting Bill protest, he pulled Bill up by the arm, making him let out a small yelp as Richie pulled him out of the library and towards his car.

Eddie looked down, a little hurt by this. He sighed, gathering all of his things up and heading home to his mother.

Hey lovies! I totally forgot about this book until I found it again and saw that people were actually reading it. I hope you like it (-:

-Lupita 🌹