Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Jordan

Erin had just called me and woke me up from my midnight slumber announcing that she has landed in California. "Okay, I'm going to be on my way, I have to get Q situated and myself." I tell her.

"Okay." She say tiredly. I hang the phone up and sigh.

"Look at mommy's baby." I pout my lip and look at Quran cuddled into my breast. "Just like your daddy." I rub over his head. He hum in his sleep and I sigh. I slowly put him onto the bed and I climb out. I grab our clothes from the dresser that I already folded up for when she call. I get myself dressed first, than I slide his pants over his diaper and a shirt.

"No.." He whine. I laugh a little before kissing his cheek and picking him up. He thought I was going to wake him up.

"Go back to sleep, baby." I whisper and grab my keys and slip into my Nike slides.

"Yes." He mumble causing me to roll my eyes. He is definitely something else. Once I locked the house up and got him situated in his car seat I headed to the airport.

It took a while to get there but thank God I got there before I fell asleep behind the wheel or some shit. "Oh shit!" I hear Erin scream from the outside of the car. I smile huge and get out of the car.

"My Besty!" I screech and we run to each other. I jump in her arms and she squeeze my butt. "Sill gay as fuck." I laugh.

"You know me Bitch! Oh my God, my nephew!!" She squeal and put me down. "Oh he's sleeping." She pout.

"Come on, let's put your stuff in the trunk and get back home." I say and she nod. I grab one of her three suitcases and sit it on the side of Quran's car seat. Erin put h r other suitcase on the other side of his car seat and I help her put the last suitcase in my trunk before we get in the car and I pull off.

"So how is your new house— you like it?" She ask.

"Yeah it's nice, pretty big." I sigh.

"How has you been holding up since Quan has been gone?" She ask.

"I haven't been doing well... I miss him so much— there's nights where I just stare at Quran because he looks just like his daddy. I can't help but to cry, and I don't mean to, the tears just—" I sigh and shake my head.

"I get you, just.. I don't even know what to say. How long has it been since you heard from him?" She ask.

"I talked to him a day ago. He's supposed to call me tomorrow morning." I respond and hop onto the freeway.

"Well then, I mean I guess—y'all just need to figure things out. How long he's in there for again?" She ask.

"6 years for murder." I answer.

"I'm glad it's only 6 years, but why so low?" She question.

"It was going to be 18 years to life but it came out in court that the Jamaican he killed was a fucking sadist. He was doing sex trafficking, and fucking little girls that were tied up in a warehouse. So Quan's lawyer told him to take the plea deal and just say he killed the guy because he found out he was a pervert." I explain.

"Damn that's just his luck, how exactly did they even find out he murdered ol' boy?" Erin ask and I hum.

"Uh, they said they found saliva on the window and it belonged to Quan and they found a few shells with his fingerprints. I guess he was looking through the window and he saw the Jamaican having sex in the kitchen him and Carmelo was laughing but Quan spit onto the window and they found it. Turns out the person he was fucking was a 17 year old girl she just look older because the shit that perv was putting her through."