Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Jordan

"Press zero if you—" I press zero on the dial pad to accept the call from Quan.

"Hey baby.." his voice ring through the phone.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I ask and reposition Quran in my arms while he feed.

"I'm doing alright, ready to get out of this dump. How you and my baby boy holding up?" He question.

"He's right here feeding now, I'm doing good and I miss you so much." I admit.

"Baby, I love you so much. Some more things are coming out about that Jamaican guy, and I might be going back to trial to get out sooner than 6 years." He say.

"Swear! Oh God." I gasp. "That's amazing baby." I exclaim.

"Yea, but the court is filled with a bunch of people who don't look like you or me." He sigh.

"I know baby, but you'll have the same judge and he was very lenient to you." I assure him.

"Yeah, I wish I could tell you a few things but I know this call is recorded. It isn't bad though baby, this may be my break right here. If I go up for parole imma see if my parole officer will let me move to California with you." He speak.

"Baby, I hope whatever is in motion works out for us. I need you, Quran does too." I say with my voice slightly cracking.

"Baby don't do that, please don't ." He sigh.

I love you so much, I'm holding shit down as best as I can bae. The studio is doing good, I promoted Becky to the head photographer and Percy checks on it for you." I tell him.

"I appreciate you for that baby, I swear I do. What's up with Carmelo?" He ask.

"He's been M.I.A, he send me clothes for Quran every once in a while and call to check on me periodically but nothing really. I guess he sense I am still a little upset about him using my sister but; I'm forgiving." I respond.

"I miss yo sexy ass, and I want to see my son again so-"

"You have one minute left." The recorded voice cuts Quan off.

"I love you Okay?" He continue.

"I love you too baby, and so does Quran." I assure him before the line goes flat. I sigh throw my phone to the other side of the bed then remove my breast from Quran's mouth.

He starts fussing and turning red. "Stop little man, you so greedy you going to be fat." I tell him and his frown deepens.

"No!" He cry. I shake my head and put my breast away.

"Knock knock." I hear Erin's voice say as she knock on my bedroom door while slowly opening it. "Good morning." She smile.

"Good morning, Quan just called me." I tell her.

"Is everything okay?" She frown and sit onto the bed.

"Yeah everything is fine, he said he may be getting out sooner than later. I'm not exactly sure how because he said he can't say it over the phone." I respond.

"I hope he does get out— hi cutey. Remember Tee-Tee Erin?" She ask and reach for him.

"No!" He pout at her and her eyes widen.

"You do remember me witcho fake self. You came to New York with your mommy three times." She tell him and he blush putting his face into my chest.

"No!" His muffled voice say.