Alexis (above are her cousins)

Me and Chloe gathered out items to put back in our backpacks. Since I was taller than she was, I reached above us to get down our small suitcases for the overhead compartment.

Chloe stretched, her shirt rising to show perfectly toned abs. I hurriedly looked away, a flush creeping across my cheeks.

I could only hope that Chloe had missed that moment.

"Ready to go start our summer?" I asked her, extending a hand to help her from her seat.

"Ready," she grinned "but tired," she said through a sudden yawn.

"Come on sleepyhead, time to finally get off this airplane." I joked, handing her her suitcases as we walked down the narrow aisle to the front of the airplane.

*****

As we walked out into the airport, I was greeted with the sight and sound of hundreds of people bustling around. I completely forgot that I had to meet my cousins, and suddenly I didn't even remember what they looked like. I had vague recollections of summer days with my cousins at the pool, or the winters which we spent skiing. But, after my uncle got a promotion, an offer to work a better paying job in Paris, they moved.

"So, I guess we should probably split up here," Chloe said, jarring me from my train of thought. We'd just retrieved the rest of our bags from baggage claim.

"probably," I said, though my heart sank a bit at the thought. I'd really enjoyed spending time with Chloe.

"Hey, can I give you my number?" Chloe asked suddenly, and I smiled.

"I was hoping you'd ask," I said with a laugh. "It's been so nice to have a friend to confide in about everything. You know you're the only person I've ever told about my sexuality?" I told her and happily handed her my phone.

For some reason, her grin faltered slightly. But she took my phone and entered in her number as I did the same in hers.

"Call me, anytime." Chloe said, and I suddenly felt the urge to wrap her in a hug. So I did.

She was a little taken aback at first, but quickly melted into the hug.

"I'm so glad I met you," she said, and I echoed her. It felt as though a weight had lifted from my shoulders.

With one last dazzling smile thrown my way, Chloe walked out to meet her taxi.

*****

It was sad to watch Chloe walk away- her taxi was waiting a few terminals down -but now I had other things to worry about. Like, where were my cousins, and what do they even look like now?

I started to wheel my suitcases away from baggage claim. I was filled with relief at the sight I saw over by the exit doors.

Holding a brightly colored sign with "Alexis" drawn in all capitals, I saw my two cousins- Ana and Camille. Now that I saw them, I could recognize them immediately. These were definitely the fun loving fraternal twins that I remembered from my childhood.

I rushed to them, and they wrapped their arms around me in a warm group hug.

"Alexis!" They squealed. "We are so happy that you're here!"

As we pulled apart, I got a better look at them. They were recognizable to me but had definitely changed quite a bit. They were a year older than me, so if they lived in America they would be seniors this year.

They were stunning, that's for sure. They both had gorgeous tan skin and dark hair. However, they were easy to tell apart as Camille had short curly hair while Ana had long straight hair.

"Are you so excited for the summer?" Ana asked me excitedly, "it will be so nice to have someone to spend time with." She said.

"Wow, am I not enough now?" Camille said, pretending to be offended. But the glimmer in her bright brown eyes was enough to prove that she was only joking. She always had had a great sense of humor.

"Yeah, I'm so excited to be here!" I replied, though I think my yawning gave away how tired I was.

"I think someone needs coffee," Camille said laughingly, and linked her arm in mine to lead me out of he airport. Ana grabbed one of my suitcases as I wheeled the other, and we made it outside.

*****

The air was warm, though there was a cool breeze. I took a deep breath of the fresh air, so happy to be out of he claustrophobic airplane cabin.

"Our chariot awaits," Camille said, ushering to her black sedan parked at the curb.

I laughed, "thank you for coming to get me," I said with a genuine smile.

"Hey, it's no problem, we're happy to have you here. We just hope this will be the best summer yet!" Ana replied, making her way to the trunk to put my bags in.

"Although," She continued, "my car might not be so happy. You might need to put the bigger suitcase in the second row."

I shook my head, laughing yet again.

"That's okay, I don't mind,"

I lifted the heavy bag, placing it gently on the tan leather seat, walking around the car to climb in on the other side. With all my luggage in order, Camille hopped into the drivers seat and pulled away from the airport.

And thus, my summer in Europe had begun.

*****