Going to the chapel

Everly's  P.O.V.

A wedding is supposed to be, between a couple that loved each other, at least I always thought that.  I do think Negan is handsome and has treated me and my daughter well, but the realization,  that my life is now officially being joined to his,  scares me slightly. 

I made this deal to save my daughter's life, a decision, I would make again. The last time I was going to get married was for a treaty, and now, it's to finalize our deal. 

My dress is the same one, I was wearing the day I met Negan. He insisted I wear it. Amber is busy placing the last pin in my hair,  giving my sire head a rest. She walks back a little taking in her work.

" You look so beautiful Everly! Negan will be going crazy when he sees you in this. "Ambers' eyes sparkle, as she gives my dress one last adjustment on the delicate fabric, before grabbing a beautiful assortment of flowers, from the garden. 

My bedroom door creaks open,  revealing my daughters cheerful face.  Her hair is braided, and her little pink, princess dress, as he called it, fits her perfectly.  The small crown of flowers,  adorns her head, making her look like an angel. 

" Mommy, are you happy?" Her eyebrows furrow slightly,  as they analyze my face. 

Not really I thought. 

I bet down,  placing my hands on her small shoulders.  " I am happy,  I am just nervous. "

Her face beams with happiness,  as her small hand touches my face.

" Daddy said you would be nervous, he said anybody would that's going to sleep with him.  Mommy, why would you be nervous to sleep with daddy?"

Amber saw my discomfort and rushed over. " Your mommy is fine, is fine.  She needs you to go wait for her at the church okay?" Amber picks up the basket full of petals,  and hands to my Chelsea.  " You hold this tight, and don't spill any okay?"

" I won't! I am a big girl!" She shakes her head vigorously while holding the basket tight. 

" We will be there soon. Go to the church, and wait till we get there. "

"Okay, bye mommy." She chirps,  as he heads to the church.

" I know that you are scared, but I promise,  he won't make you do anything, you aren't comfortable with.  "

I sucked in a breath,  steadying my nerves. I took one last glance at the mirror and headed out the door. 
The sun was begging to set, so Amber took a flashlight,  guiding my every step.

The church was just down the sidewalk, near Ricks home. The loud sound of people talking becomes louder with every step I take.  The hard concrete is so unforgiving when wearing heels. The clicking of heels and the swishing of my dress, are the only sound I hear, as I walk up the steps. 

The old white doors are closed, not revealing I am here.  Amber goes in, telling them to play the music.  The old piano keys spring to life,  as the wedding march starts.  The doors swing open, revealing all the people of Alexandria, of Negans top saviors.

Father Gabriel is standing at the front of the sanctuary,  holding his worn bible in his hand. Negan is standing proudly, by the priest, making a joke,  until his eyes land on me.

His face says it all, as his smile spreads across his face.  His dimples appear,  as he takes my hand in his and we turn to face the priest. 

" Dear friends, we are here to join this man and this woman in marriage.  Negan repeat after me. I Negan, take you, Everly, to be my wife.  "

" I Negan, take you, Everly, to be my wife. "

" To have,  and to hold,  from this day on, in sickness and in health,  for as long as you both shall live. "

Gabriel then turned to me and made the repeat the same thing. 

I am so nervous.

I took a deep breath and repeated the words.

" I now pronounce you man and wife. You may miss your bride ."

Negan gently took my hand in his and guided me closer to him.  He then cupped my face with his hands, while placing his soft lips on mine.
A
He smiled as he pulled away, turned to address the crowd.

"Let us go party!"