Horses

Everly's P.O.V.

The snow falls heavily upon the earth, blanketing the ground in white. Trees give way to heavy powder making the roads even more difficult to navigate.

Negan sent out a group yesterday to retrieve some baby items, and they almost didn't make it back. The ice on the roads made them crash into a ditch, causing a small herd to come by. Thankfully nobody was hurt, but it made us realize it might be dangerous for us to leave the sanctuary until we clear the roads.

My door creaks open, and the loud sound of my daughter fills my ears.

" Santa is too real! He will be here on Christmas to deliver presents."  Chelsea says emphatically.

" I don't he say he wasn't real, just that it will be hard for him to bring gifts with the roads all icy." My charming husband admits.

I turn around seeing my sweet little girl smiling in triumph at winning the argument. She loves Negan so much and enjoys spending time with him.

Her eyes sparkle as he kisses the top of her head then places her on the ground.

" Mommy, do you think my baby brother will be here before Christmas?"

I shake my head at my daughter's enthusiasm.

" I don't know. How far away is Christmas?"

"It's in a month!" Negan informs me.

" Well, no, he will come after Christmas. I am only two months pregnant, so he can't  come yet."

My daughter frowns at hearing this, clearly disappointed her baby brother won't be here for the holiday.

" Have you picked a name for him?" Her innocent voice asks.

" No, not yet. Your daddy and I have been busy trying to figure out a way to navigate the roads safely. "

" Well, why don't you ride horses. They can navigate the roads okay. I mean Santa uses reindeer, so it's kind of the same thing. And he has more snow than us."

" I think that's a good idea. We could see if the kingdom has any we could use. Maybe they have a wagon too. That way we could bring stuff back."

My daughter's chin lifts high in the air, clearly proud of herself.

" You are one smart kid. I think I will keep you." Negan remarks playfully.

Chelsea rolls her eyes and plops herself on his lap.

" So, when can we get the horses? I want a white one."

" Hold on there kid, we have to find out if they have any first, then we can discuss you riding a horse."

" Ugh! Fine! I hope they do have a princess horse. Every princess deserves a white horse. "

" I see, well why don't you go do your homework that miss  Jade assigned. I am sure she would like to have that picture of a horse. She did ask the class to color their favorite animal."

My daughter's tiny lips form a pout as she members her looming homework.

" I guess so."

" Good. I want to see it when you're done. "

" Okay, mommy."

Once my daughter leaves, my husband sits beside me on the small couch.

" That little girl is amazing. I bet you were just as smart as she was at that age."

" No, she gets that from her father. He was a very smart man. I was average in school, but him, he was above average. He had an academic scholarship because his grades were so high."

"So you're attracted to nerds?"

"Yes, but he also was a badass. He was in the army, and he was tuff. I enjoyed his stories, and the memories he shared from his travels."

" I hope you do find me attractive despite me not being a nerd." Negan huffs, clearly annoyed by me speaking of another man.

My arms wrap around his strong neck, encasing it with my love. His eyes soften as he sees me lean in for a kiss. Our lips dance together in perfect harmony, along with the sounds of our moans. Negan's gloved hand wraps around my back as he pushes me closer to his hard chest.

I pull away, trying to catch my breath, as my chest is heaving up and down rapidly.

" I only love you. I may have been in love with him a long time ago, but your my  love now."

" You never say his name. What was his name?"

" His name was Justin. He was an amazing man, but I didn't say his name because I am worried he will haunt me if I do."

" Justin what?"

" Justin Maddox."

" Well, I am glad this Justin dude isn't around. I would have to deal with him in order to have you both."

I shook my head as I gave him a gentle kiss on the lips. His possessiveness is one of his many charms. In a lot of ways Justin and Negan are alike, and in some ways complete opposites.

I wonder if he did survive this world? What if he did come back? Would I still want him? I think no matter what, I am committed to Negan. He is my husband now, and nothing can change that. We are having a baby, and I can't wait to see what our son will look like.

" I am committed to you Negan. It wouldn't matter if he did somehow come back into my life." I place his hand on my stomach, allowing him to feel my small bump.

" This child is our life now. This baby and our daughter are what matters. We are a family. Families stick together no matter what happens.

I promise you Negan. I am yours, just as you are mine."

" Good, because I am needing my wife to help me with a problem."

I smile innocently. " What's that?"

" I think you know." He smirks as he pushes me onto the bed.

" I love you, Everly."

" I love you too Negan."

Meanwhile in Alexandria.

Rick's P.O.V.

The fire roars, as I add yet another log to my fireplace. This snowstorm is making it hard for us to travel to get supplies. I think I might see if the sanctuary can help us out with supplies until the roads are clear.

" Rick, Daryl brought us a deer. I figure we could cook it for dinner. He also met a man on the road. I figured you would want to interview him before we let him stay."  Michonne states calmly.

" Sure, where is he?"

" At the gate with Daryl."

" Okay, I will go there now."

I walk to the gate, seeing a man by Daryl. He doesn't seem like a bad guy, but you can't tell by looking at someone. I can see he was in the military. He has the stance, and he carries a gun like a soldier.

" Hi, I am Rick Grimes. What's your name?"

The man smiles as he extends his hand for me to shake.

" My name is Justin, Justin Maddox."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Justin. Welcome to Alexandria."

This is Justin

This is Justin.