Chapter 5

I woke up in the bed all alone, I sat up and stretched. I took off my hoodie and beanie. I kicked off my shoes and cuddled into Mason's side of the bed, inhaling his scent.

"Well about time you woke up little bug." I looked up to see Mason in only his jeans.

I gulped as I looked over all his muscles and blushed.

"I-I sowwie, did I sleep too long?" I hid behind a pillow.

Mason smiled and crawled over me, he kissed my forehead. "Just two hours, and you have the cutest snore."

I gasped, "I no snore!!"

He chuckled deeply and nuzzled his face against my neck, causing me to giggle. "Okay little one, you don't snore."

I wrapped my arms around his neck and snuggled close. I couldn't stop smiling. I don't remember the last time I was this happy.

Mason flipped us over so I was on top of him. He rubbed my back soothingly. "What do you wanna do sweet boy?" Mason whispered in my ear.

I shrugged, "Just get to know you better?"

Mason smiled, "Well, as you know, I'm the star quarterback of the team. But, honestly I hate football. My dad has been playing pro for years so he kinda forced it upon me. I really want to be a mechanic. I love getting my hands dirty. But I know my parents would totally flip out."

I kissed his jaw and smiled. "I tink that great Masey. Yew should be able to do whateva yew wan!"

He smiled and rubbed my back, kissing my temple softly. "What is your dream sweetie?"

"I really wan to be a musician, I wuv makin' music." I buried my face in Mason's neck.

"I love that idea bug."

I giggled and sucked on my paci.

Mason massaged my muscles gently with his thumbs. "Tell me about your family love."

I tensed up slightly and slowly took the paci out of my mouth. I looked down, "Well I live with my Dad's sister Margo. She's my legal guardian, she's a doctor over at Saint Mary's hospital. My dad passed away seven years ago from lung cancer. I never knew my mom. She cheated on my dad and left him when I was just six months old."

"I'm so sorry baby boy," Mason held me close and kissed my head.

"It's okay, it's in the past. My aunt is really great." I smiled and Mason nodded.

Mason flipped us over so he was hovering over me, he kissed my nose and smiled.

"Hey, wanna go get some icecream?"

I gasped and nodded my head fast.

Mason laughed and stood up. "Come on little one."

I bolted up and bounced excitedly. Mason led us out to the small kitchen area he had and opened the freezer.

"We have Strawberry, rocky road, chocolate and mint chip." Mason pulled out two bowls from the cupboard.

I sat at the bar and bounced excitedly. "Mint chip and chocolate!!"

Mason laughed and gave me a scoop of each in a bowl and gave it to me with a baby spoon. "Here you go baby boy." He kissed my forehead as I dug in, kicking my legs.

Mason got himself some strawberry and ate it as he leaned against the counter.

Suddenly we heard a loud slam downstairs and yelling. It sounded like a man and a woman.

"Mason!!! Get down here now!!!" It was a man's voice, followed my the woman going, "Don't you dare bring him into this!!!"

Mason moved to the staircase and shut the door that separated us from the rest of the house. He locked it and looked at me.

"I'm sorry bug, they get like this sometimes. They're not supposed to be home for hours but I guess something happened."

I nodded and ran over to him, hugging him tightly. He picked me up and carried us over to the couch. He sat with me in his lap and turned on the giant TV. He turned on some cartoons and kissed my shoulder.

The sound of the TV blocked out the yelling from downstairs, I snuggled into Mason and he held me close.

I looked up at him, "Why do you care what they think anyway? If you really wanna be a mechanic go for it. They seem to not even know how to control their own lives."

Mason chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, they got issues. I plan on waiting until after graduation to drop the bomb on them." 

I nodded and layed my head against Mason's chest.

We relaxed like that for a while until I looked over at the clock. 6:00 already!? My aunt was gonna leave for work soon and would kill me if she didn't see me first.

"Masey, I need to go home so my aunt doesn't get mad." I poked at his side to get his attention.

He moved us so he had me pinned on the couch and smiled. "Okay bug," He kissed my nose and got up.

I was redder than a tomato.

I gathered my things and Mason put on a shirt.

Tragic

We slowly crept downstairs and out of the house before his parents noticed us. We got into the car and sped off.

I snuggled Mason's arm as he drove me home.

He put the car in park when we got there and looked at me. "Alec, may I kiss you? Like on the lips...?" He looked so nervous.

I blushed deeply and slowly nodded, not trusting myself to talk.

He leaned in slowly and gently pressed his lips against mine. It was magical, I felt like I was floating.

Finally he pulled away, "Goodnight bug."

"Goodnight Mason."

I smiled the whole way up to my apartment and unlocked the door. As I opened it and stepped inside I could feel tension.

My Aunt was sitting on the couch with a woman I'd never seen before. She had long, curly black hair and black eyes. She looked like she had no soul.

"Oh Alec! Good to see you, this is uh..."

The woman stood up and looked at me in disgust.

"I'm your mother."