Chapter 6 - Caleb's POV

Chapter 6 - Caleb's POV (:

I was surprised when Destiny agreed to skipping class.  She really cared about her tardy record, which was weird.  I mean, no one cares about that stuff besides her.  But I didn't mind since I got to spend extra time with her.

We were about 10 minutes into the car ride just talking and occaisionally singing along to the radio.

"Uh, how long until we're there?" Des suddenly questioned.

I couldn't help but worry since she had such concern in her voice. 

"About 15 minutes," I answered while making a turn.  It wasn't that long.

She took a deep breath and looked out the window.  I was really wondering what was going on through her head.

Was she scared I'll kidnap her or something?

"Des, look at me. What's wrong? Why are you so nervous?" I asked because I was really lost here.   Destiny was never scared around me.

"Nothing, it's just that I think second class is about to start soon.  I don't want to miss math or take my chances of being late to it.  I thought this was only gonig to take a couple minutes," she said.

I was seriously getting worried about her.  Dang, this girl cared more about school than anything. Don't get me wrong, it definitely broke my heart seeing her anxious, though.

"Calm down Destiny. If you want me to turn around, I will. I should've never talked you into skipping class. I'm sorry.  Do you want to go back?"

She looked down at her knees and I barely caught her nod.

I made a U-turn and we headed back to school.

As soon as I parked the car, Destiny got out and gave me a hug.

"See you at lunch?" she asked and showed me her gorgeous teeth.

"Yup," I said.  Ugh, I really needed to stop being shy.

I gave her one last hug and made my way to social studies.

***********************************************************************************************************

When lunchtime came around, I found Destiny being hugged by Kyle.

That was it.  I was sick and tired of Kyle trying to steal my girl.  Like come on!  She has an amazing boyfriend and everyone knows she's taken.  Can't he just give up?

Before I could control myself, I walked myself to Kyle and slapped his face, then put an arm around his neck.  I was pretty much choking him.

"That's enough Kyle.  Stop trying to get Destiny to like you, it will never work!  She loves me!" I whispered with threat.

Kyle used all his force to pry my arm off him, but I used all my strength to resist.

He'd never win a fight anyways.  Kyle was like 5 inches shorter than me!

I suddenly realized Destiny was in my presence.  I looked up at her and she just tilted her head down and walked away.

I decided to let Kyle go and chased after my girl.

"Des," I started once I found her.

"Caleb, I'm tired of this.  I'm tired of Kyle trying to get me to like him. It doesn't work.  He missed the Asian train! It's too late," she said angrily, yet with guilt.

I couldn't agree more.

I sighed before she let out a small chuckle.  I loved how I could make her laugh so easily.