His Voice... -Travlyn, Music AU-

Katelyn found herself in the garage once again. She sighed, not believing that she had brought herself here again. She blew a bubble with her gum, and then popped it with a satisfying crack. After a moment of hesitation, she stepped further into her garage and closer to something large an covered with what seemed to be an old sheet.

She whipped it off with one swift motion. Underneath was a set of drums, dusty, but anyone could tell it was well taken care of.

Katelyn ran her fingers through her sky blue hair. Her old set of drums from high school. She had left them here and not touched them for years, but something had just been pulling her to them lately. She ran her hands over them, wiping off the dust.

"Oh for Irene's sake..." she mumbled to herself, picking up the drumsticks and sitting down. "Just this once, for old times sake." She clacked the drumsticks together,

1
2
3
4!

With that, she began to hit the drums with such a rhythmic force that it made a smile creep across her face. It was wonderful, the beat had simply captivated her. She wasn't even playing any song in particular, just doing her own thing.

Her playing lurched to a stop when someone lifted the garage door.

"T-Travis!" Katelyn said, startled. She hid the drumsticks behind her back. "What are you doing in here? Get out of my garage!"

The white haired man gave a chuckle. "Well I couldn't help hearing some wonderful drumming coming from over here. I just had to know who was behind it."

Katelyn felt her face flush at the complement. "Shut up... Dork." She said intensely at first, before her voice faded a little. She looked down.

Travis walked over beside the drums, extending his hand to her. "I knew you were in a band in high school, but I never knew you were that good." He raised an eyebrow flirtatiously. "Lucky for you, I was as well."

Katelyn took his hand, standing up and getting out from behind her drum set. "Oh yeah?" She asked, now intrigued. "What was your role?"

Travis flashed his charming but goofy smile. "Lead singer." He grabbed her hands. "You know this song, I'm pretty sure. " he winked, before beginning the song.

"Don't you worry there my honey,
We might not have any money,
But we've got our love, to pay the bills..."

Katelyn recognized the words. She had herd it before, but where? She picked up after him.

"Maybe I think you're cute and funny,
Maybe I wanna be with you, with you, if you know what I mean~"

Travis's face lit up as she picked up in the song. They began to sway back and forth. Travis even gave her a little spin. Their voices joined together for the chorus.

"Oh let's get rich, and buy our parents homes, in the south of France.
Let's get rich, and give everybody nice sweaters, and teach them how to dance.
Let's get rich, and build a house on a mountain making everybody look like ants.

From way up there,

You and I. You and I..."

Katelyn rested her head on Travis's chest as they hummed the tune together. The song was just so comforting, and Travis's voice was so enchanting. She recognized what it was from.

Travis had sang this to her before. A long long time ago.

After her band broke up, she was heartbroken. She sat on the bleachers of Phenix Drop High, tears welling up in her eyes. Travis came to sit next to her. He was in a different band, but he knew why Katelyn was sad.

She remembered him scooting close to her. She was so upset that she didn't insult him or get mad. Then he sang to her, putting an arm around her. His young voice echoed in Katelyn's mind.

It was this song, this was the one he sang to her all those years ago. Now they were here, Katelyn's head on his chest, and him humming a tune that was forever part of Katelyn's memory.

They were there, together. Both a little insecure, a little awkward, and a little confused, but together. Swaying to an old song in a garage, and softly humming the tune.